I Heart Crickets!

Well ya know I just can't seem to get quite together! I have these moments where I look back & think, why did I say that or why didn't I just do this?! Now why is it that I "look back" instead of "in the moment"? It seems I'm at a crossroads in my life & I don't want to make a choice. God isn't making it for me. I've prayed & prayed for Him to do "it". I've heard the very loud silence, no answer. You know the one, you pray so hard, "Lord I must, I need, I can't make it...!!!" Then there's nothing, well almost nothing...the crickets chirping in the background are nice ; ) Guess what is the entire summer curriculum covers for the 4 yr old class I'm co-teaching? Listening to God! I know I'm laughing too! It's for the kids not me! The big ol' plastic ear we hold up & sing songs about is for them ; ) I have to confess I truly love the Lord! Who else would force me to sit in a circle & sing songs about a topic (for 10 wks) that I should have learned years ago? God has an awesome sense of humor ; ) So back to the crickets...
It's times like these when I must go deeper. Keep praying & talking to Him. When I hear the cricket chorus I'll just humm along for He loves me enough to give me a little thinking music.
"The Lord your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you,
he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing." Zep 3:17

Comments

Popular Posts