So Now What?! A lil' History...


Well I'm all ready to BLOG...now what to write about?! I'll start by telling you about my life...

I am an Oklahoma native who ran from the state as fast as I could after attending OSU. I LOVED college so much that I stayed in Stillwater just a little longer than the traditional 4 yr. degree plan (thanks Dad for funding me)! I'm going to steal Tod's quote..."Leaving college in 4 yrs. is like leaving a party at 8p"! So after school I moved to Texas. The best state ever! Seriously, I just loved it down there. After a few years I relocated to Florida for a career ladder move. It was there that I met, fell in love with & married my man.We then quickly had 4 children. And yes I do know where babies come from & no I'm not crazy! After 3 hurricanes & 3 children under the age of 4 we moved back to my home state. We believed that our children should be raised near family & Jason loved OK on our holiday visits. I can honestly say that after really committing our lives to Christ there has never been a dull moment. We are now living our dream... 4 awesome kiddos ( 2 boys, 2 girls),great friends & church family, super community, owning a growing business, and just being blessed beyond measure! There are days when I sit & wonder..."Will we make it?!"And the answer is always a resounding...YES!

Now some of you may be sitting there reading this post saying..."They are so not perfect Christians!" To that I would answer..."You are SO right!". I realized that giving my life & my families' lives over to God does not mean I have to be perfect or always doing the "right thing". My heart needs to be right, striving for His will/plan for our lives. I mess up a LOT. I try not to, I don't want to, yet still I drop the ball during an important play for the team. Yet, God is there to coach me thru so that the next time I'll be better. So here I am trying to "put into practice" (eph4:9) what I'm learning so I can move from the bench to the starting line-up!
So, this Blog is about our life in Oklahoma; my faith, my family, my 4 precious gifts from God, my hope, my work & play. I hope you enjoy my various topics and maybe you can glean something useful out of them...or at least enjoy hearing our latest musings!I'm striving to be a balanced believer. The great thing about our Father is He is ok with me when I am totally out of balance. I am trying to live by the entire Good Book, Philippians 4 is our family verse(s).

Comments

  1. Hi. I actually clicked on you from a comment you left @ "Rocks in my Dryer." I saw you had wrote that you just started a blog....me too!

    Actually, I tried before & completely messed it up! But hopefully I'm on track now and know what I'm doing.

    I loved this first post. I always felt odd saying we were Christians...when we clearly aren't perfect by any means...but we do "strive" and we try to live our life in His image.

    My site is http://www.thesnipes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comment love makes a happy heart!
Please ensure your email is enabled so that I can reply to your comment :)

Popular Posts