Hurt

Have you ever been hurt? I'm not talking the hurts that people can see such as a bump, bruise, scrape. I'm talking the hurt that no one sees. The pain that hurts so deep you're not sure it will heal? I've been hurt this way 3 times in my life. I thought I was immune to this pain. I believed I was vaccinated against such a pain from the Holy Spirit. The wind has been knocked out of me. My heart aches. I didn't expect what hit me. I didn't see it coming. I guess that's for the better. How would I have prepared? How will God use this pain? When will it not hurt so much? Can my heart stay open, not harden, be teachable?
"But even if you should suffer for what is right, you are blessed. Do not fear what they fear; do not be frightened." 1 Peter 3:14
"Even if you suffer for doing what is right, God will reward you for it. So don't worry or be afraid of their threats. Instead, you must worship Christ as Lord of your life." 1 Peter 3:14-15-17

Comments

Popular Posts