The Longest Day

***Real names are not used in this or any post.***

Open House last night

Well the day has finally arrived...
JBoy's 1st Day of Kindergarten!!! He sailed through with flying colors. Me on the other hand...
I've been crying since we left his classroom.
I've prayed every two minutes.
I've drank two, 12 oz Diet Cokes this morning before 10a?!
Let me explain. It's the change that's the hardest...knowing that he's growing up & we will never have this moment again is really tugging on my heart. Just moments ago he was my precious, happy baby boy who always woke up with a smile & now he's off to school. Ok i have to go cry some more.
J1 is doing great! We had a super birthday morning & he seemed to enjoy getting all set up in class today. His teacher is just awesome, God knew just who he needed this year!


She has a Master's in Children's Reading/Literacy & her discipline plan is right on for JBoy's temperament. She seems to have a good balance of caring & "rules". We'll see over the year how much "fun" she is in the classroom 'cause you have to have a little of that in the mix ; )

At his chair

J1 brought birthday cookies to share with his class & he received a birthday crown when he arrived! I don't have a pic of that one yet because he asked if he could wear it later?!



At his cubby

Getting ready to use his brand new crayons

Thank you to my precious family & girlfriends who have called & e-mailed to check-in today!!!
You are God's way of giving me a hug. Some of you may know that I had a break down in Wal-Mart last night while choosing snacks for JBoy's lunch. I wanted to be sure I provide a balance of healthy w/a little treat. Then my mind went to packing his little lunch bag & J1 going to school & not being able to open the Granola Bar by himself & no one there to help him. There I was with a box of Granola Bars & tears streaming down my face. The older gentleman next to me quickly smiled & ran, I think I scared him.
One of my Texas girls wrote the following in an email this mornin'...
"If he needs help opening his granola bar.....God will place someone there to help him. :-) I'll say prayers for the both of you. I was talking to this lady last weekend, and she made this comment: "God may not show up when you want Him to....but He's always on time."

Well 3pm just can't get here fast enough! Please don't let on to JBoy that today will be one of the longest days of my life!
lots of love to ya'll!

Comments

  1. He looks so handsome. Hope you are surviving the day!!
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's so big!! Oh my goodness! Well, by the looks of the pics it looks like J1 will have a great time in his class today, and in the future. I'm sure he can't wait to tell you all about his day! Only a couple more hours to go. Love ya girl!

    -Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our thoughts are with you. I will be going through this next Wed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate to tell you this it doesn't get any easier. However, God revealed that even though I'm not there at all times he never leaves her side. I rest in peace each day with that. I love knowing that other moms have major melt downs too. This morning I cried because it is my last year to take Pooh to school on the first day, next year she will be driving!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comment love makes a happy heart!
Please ensure your email is enabled so that I can reply to your comment :)

Popular Posts