Marriage Mondays

Right before the "I Do" at Lovers Key 2000

I've said it before...I believe God is using Christine in my marriage! The article she sites in her post today is just sad! It also reflects the very thoughts running through my mind which is even sadder! Thoughts like...
"Would it be better single?"
"Surely it would be easier to end this marriage! I could do what I wanted."
"How many times have I asked him to...?! "

Key word in these statements is "I"!
"Easier" is relative & fleeting when looking inward instead of upward for guidance.
It saddens me to think I'm right in step with our society in my thinking. I don't want to be a person who moves on the next best thing when the going gets hard.
I love that Christine urges us to focus on the times we turn to eachother vs. the times we are "at" eachother. Gen 9 from our Sunday service applies not only to parenting, but to marriages.
We must continue doing good even if we do not see the immediate rewards. If we trust the Lord & continue sowing good seed we will see our harvest.
Thanks for your prayer & support of our family!



Comments

  1. I want so badly to encourage you in your honest assessment of your thought-life! These are thoughts that are from the evil one and can be dismissed. I, too, struggle with so many wrong thoughts, bad attitudes and harmful words. I speak on my blog from a place of "been there, want to be better" and not from a place of "I know how to get it right". Pray over your marriage; admit your faults and just keep trying!! It's not easy, but it is a blessing as we keep going.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comment love makes a happy heart!
Please ensure your email is enabled so that I can reply to your comment :)

Popular Posts