Sit Still!!

As a mom of 4 under the age of 6.5 yrs. I find myself frequently saying things like...

Listen to me, LISTEN to what I am saying!!!
If I have to ask you again to sit down!
Let's open our ears & turn off our mouths so we can listen.
When mommy & daddy are talking do not scream to be heard wait until we are finished talking.
I heard you juju, I heard you & no we can not have ice cream for breakfast.
If I have to ask you one more time to sit down you will be sitting in time out.
Do you hear mommy's voice? Is mommy's voice happy or sad? Yes you're right it's mad. (I then stiffle a laugh) I am done! Do what I asked right now or you are going to the naughty corner.
Sit still & listen to me.

So you would think with all this on the job training the Lord is giving me I would get "it" in our relationship. How many times is it going to take for Him to ask me to sit still & listen?!
Here's our dialogue...
Me:
Father, I am so upset! I can't believe this happened! How Lord How? Did you see what REALLY happened? Show me, show me your will. I am really trying here. If "a, b, c," had happened Father it would have been different. Are you sure you have the right girl for this one??!!
Ok...I'm sorry...what was I thinking...I was wrong...When am I ever gonna GET IT?!
Him:
Jen, Jen, Jen...I love you so much! I gave you that message in the devotional Tuesday. I sent that chapter in the book you're reading last week. When you were praying did you hear that song that was playing on the radio? At children's church that message was for you TOO. When you spoke with dear friend & she told you I loved you & to keep looking for my face...well that was me talkin'?! How can you hear me with all that noise going on in your brain?
Listen to me, LISTEN TO ME! Sit down & really LISTEN!
I gave you two ears & one mouth so use them appropriately. When I'm talking to you, stop so you can hear me, how can you hear me with all that screamin' & cryin' about trivial things that will not matter tomorrow?
I heard you, I heard you & no you can't have your way all the time. If I have to ask you sit down one more time I'm going to do something even bigger to get your attention. Do you hear your Father's voice? Is it happy or sad? You're right I'm irritated. Obey my commands & do what's right or you're going to wind up separated from me...
Sit still & listen to me child, know that I am God.

God is so good! He speaks to us in so many different ways!
I talk Him a lot. He answers a lot.
What has He been talking to you about lately?
I'm off to quite my mind now, thanks for listening ; )

Comments

Popular Posts