Divine Appointments

So at our anniversary dinner we asked the waitress to take our pic (see last pic on previous post) & told her it was our anniversary. There was a couple that had been sitting across from us the entire evening & the gentleman leaned over & asked, "Did you say anniversary?" I said yes! He then told us it was their anniversary as well. He asked "how long?!" We said 8 yrs & he said 30 with a wink. We then started talkin & the similarities were eery! They have 5 children, homeschool & their oldest is about to graduate from TU w/honors. He is a competitive sports dad, was on the NOAH board & talked basketball, baseball w/my man. He was younger than his wife & she broke up w/him while dating for the same reason I broke up w/J. She was from up north like my man. They attend a non-denom church in Tulsa that is growing like ours. Young pastors both w/4 children both whom were college baseball players. His last name was my grandmother's maiden name - not related unfortunately ; ) They know a wonderful family from our old church that we greatly admire.
I love "coincidences" like these. How is it that of all the restaurants (we drove into "town" by the way), of all the tables in that restaurant, of all the times we eat across the aisle from people & never speak, that God can bring us together with like minded individuals?! It blows my mind!
Divine appointments...too cool!

Comments

  1. Okay, that was me that just posted the previous post. I have no idea why it's posted by "fntms2004" Oh well. Not some FREAK wanting to be your girl friend! ~ha
    It was me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 8 years! Scott always says we got married in 2000 so he'd never forget how long we've been married, hence if it's 2008 it's our 8th anniversary and so on! I just love my engineer! I enjoyed the pics of your family from the beginning to now. Wow, you can do a lot in 8 years, huh? My parents 32nd anniversary is today and Scott's parents' 33rd is in June. And you and I think 8 years has been a long time??? Wow!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comment love makes a happy heart!
Please ensure your email is enabled so that I can reply to your comment :)

Popular Posts