I Heart U!

So Tuesday I posted about my ugly heart & it seems I've been receiving a lot of messages about my heart since then.
Not wanting to be selfish I thought I'd share w/you ; )
We will be judged by heart secrets. Romans 2:16 My heart needs some help w/it's secrets. Secret sin is the hardest to change. It's also the biggest reason for hypocrisy. I don't want to be a "judgy hypocritical christian girl".
Our Christian heritage means nothing unless Jesus is in hearts. Romans 2:29 I think sometimes it's easy in our hometown to hide behind our church or our Christian families. It's not my church that Jesus is lookin' at, it's my heart. My lifestyle flows from what's in my heart. Ouch!!!
I have a stubborn heart. Romans 2:5 Is my heart progressively hardening? Hebrews 4:7 Is my heart staying open to the Spirit? Is what I am watching on TV, reading, saying, are my friends blocking my heart in any way? There goes Bravo ; )
Heart Change - am I living bigger than "me, myself & I"? Am I putting other's needs ahead of my own? 1Thel 5:15 My friend, Gigi, sent me her pastor's message, take 20 mins & listen. It's worth your time. Dynamic salvation only comes with a heart change. A heart change produces a lifestyle change. We have to have integrity. We can't hide behind our religion, church or a "God experience". I'm looking to pull out any roots that are strangling my heart. I want my heart to shine for Him, not harden & go black. Sing w/ me...."This lil light of mine, I'm gonna let is shine.."

Thanks for letting me share w/you today!

Comments

  1. Good stuff, but I think you're a bit hard on yourself girl. You are a wonderful Mother, wife, friend Christian and an example to lots of women.

    We can all grow and improve so it's wonderful that you always strive to be better, but just know lots of people think you're pretty great---God included!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaaww bambi I knew there was a reason I loved you ; )
    Seriously, it's not about being hard on myself. I just see many women trying to keep up this perfect personna (sp?) & it's toxic. My prayer is that women(& men) get real in Christ. Some, including myself at times, feel this need to hide behind doing what's right or fear of their flesh. That's not what it's about & it saddens me. That kind of fear keeps fellow believers & non-believers away from church.By sharin' my "junk" I pray that someone gets a glimpse of how Jesus' love can change anyone. I have not seen you struggle w/bein' real & that's a strength in your testimony so stay strong siesta!! I will step off my soap box & go do laundry now...xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comment love makes a happy heart!
Please ensure your email is enabled so that I can reply to your comment :)

Popular Posts