Warning! Construction Ahead



You've seen the signs on the road. You sigh, you get a little tense & think,
"How long is this gonna take? Shouldn't this be done all ready?!"

I heard this quote last night...
"In a growing Christian there's always an area of construction."

Hmmm, ok he's got my attention. Then the question...
"People look so good at church, yet if we really knew their life story, we'd discover that many of them come from a difficult past. Why do you think it's so tough for people to open up & talk about their "issues"?"

I'm screaming the following in my head all the while keeping a perfect look of peace & tranquility on my face, "Uh - Hello?! I don't want to be judged. I don't want to open up my closet & have all my skeleton's come dancin' out!?"

So then the question is...
"How do you think you're doing at being that "one person" above? Are you someone who moves others towards the Lord & health & hope? What's one small, specific, positive thing that you think you could do to deal with any past hurts you have, so that you're more free than ever to bless & add to other people's lives?"

Nevertheless, the LORD your God was not willing for the curse to remain upon you, but the LORD your God turned the curse into a blessing for you because the LORD you God loves you
-Deut 23:5

Gulp. Sigh. I get a little tense & think,
"How long is this gonna take? Shouldn't this be done all ready?"
The construction signs are gonna be out for the rest of my life. Our associate pastor gave a quote he heard as a young pastor, "5 yrs. from now you'll think less of yourself." He didn't say this as a put down, he explained that has we keep growing in our relationship w/Christ we keep seeing more & more of our brokenness & it's hard! I'm thankful for messages like these because I am soo just tryin' to be a balanced believer who shines a light (even though at times it may be dim) into my little corner of the world. This is a good reminder that we are all works in progress ; )

Here's my light shining for ya...The homework is to read Psalm 103...

Psalm 103 Of David.
1
Praise the LORD, O my soul;
all my inmost being, praise his holy name.

2 Praise the LORD, O my soul,
and forget not all his benefits-

3 who forgives all your sins
and heals all your diseases,

4 who redeems your life from the pit
and crowns you with love and compassion,

5 who satisfies your desires with good things
so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's.

6 The LORD works righteousness
and justice for all the oppressed.

7 He made known his ways to Moses,
his deeds to the people of Israel:

8 The LORD is compassionate and gracious,
slow to anger, abounding in love.

9 He will not always accuse,
nor will he harbor his anger forever;

10 he does not treat us as our sins deserve
or repay us according to our iniquities.

11 For as high as the heavens are above the earth,
so great is his love for those who fear him;

12 as far as the east is from the west,
so far has he removed our transgressions from us.

13 As a father has compassion on his children,
so the LORD has compassion on those who fear him;

14 for he knows how we are formed,
he remembers that we are dust.

15 As for man, his days are like grass,
he flourishes like a flower of the field;

16 the wind blows over it and it is gone,
and its place remembers it no more.

17 But from everlasting to everlasting
the LORD's love is with those who fear him,
and his righteousness with their children's children-

18 with those who keep his covenant
and remember to obey his precepts.

19 The LORD has established his throne in heaven,
and his kingdom rules over all.

20 Praise the LORD, you his angels,
you mighty ones who do his bidding,
who obey his word.

21 Praise the LORD, all his heavenly hosts,
you his servants who do his will.

22 Praise the LORD, all his works
everywhere in his dominion.
Praise the LORD, O my soul.

Comments

  1. I think there may be a bulldozer waiting for me! ;) Lots of work to do.

    Good stuff girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It'a ashame but there are people out there who think they are perfect and that makes me sick, that they don't need anyone not even God. Well Hate to tell them theri not perfect no one is and Yes you need God in every part of your life. I know he has been here in mine and has helped me through some hard times -- and I will always look to him for answers no matter how bad it gets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sorry I missed last night...another meeting at the EXACT same time, of course...sounds like it was good. Thanks for sharing this today...I know that I am DEFINITELY a work in progress and am SURE that I will look at me 5 years from now and think less of myself. Praise Him for His love and compassion. Praise Him for giving me great friends like you!! (I'm at my parents' and totally thought I would be home by now...my man, FIL, and father are FISHING!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahem...another work in progress--->
    thanks for sharing this, awesome stuff!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comment love makes a happy heart!
Please ensure your email is enabled so that I can reply to your comment :)

Popular Posts