Counting Our Blessings

Our neighbors added two new horses this past month. They are beautiful. They introduced them to our kiddos. Our kiddos love them, they know their names, they want to talk & pet them not understanding that horses are powerful animals. This leads me to, Oreo, the male horse next door.


Yesterday afternoon we had friends over & the kids wanted to show them our new neighbors. Well our little Ju Ju B was kicked by our neighbor's horse, Oreo. He only has a hairline fracture to his collarbone. This is a huge praise because it could have been MUCH worse. He was kicked after going under our neighbor's fence. The kids have been warned over & over not to go near the fence much less the horses. Well today was a lesson learned, I pray, for all of my babies!
Ju Ju was hit on the left side of his head & shoulder. His ear is ripped a little from his scalp which will completely heal without stitches. For his collar bone, he has to be in a brace, flimsy cotton sling, without any running, jumping, throwing, hitting, rolling or "boy stuff". Now this is the tough part, for a period of FOUR weeks. Are you kidding me?! {{Sigh}} We are counting our blessings. It could be much worse. Did you know that in horse related fatalities, kicking is the number 2 cause of death?! Neither did I. We'll get through this next month with prayer, humor & grace, lots of grace!!



So when you eat an oreo or pray over the next four weeks would you please remember Ju Ju B & our family? We know there is power in your prayers! I'll leave you with a quote I found which is very true...
"Horses leave hoofprints on your heart."
- Unknown

Comments

  1. Wow, JuJu was very protected. My dad's brother died from a horse kick. I am so thankful that didn't happen to JuJu. I am sure a lesson learned indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad he is ok. God had his hand on him that day. I will keep him in my prayer and thoughts. Much Love

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just so scary. And, you're right, your kids probably learned a really valuable lesson - LISTEN TO YOUR PARENTS! lol

    I'm so glad he is going to be okay.

    How coinkydinky that Christy's uncle died from a horse kick. I didn't know that statistic.

    I had a scare on a horse when I was about 4. I was scared of them for a lot of years. I finally got over it by the time I was in college. I pray he won't be scared of them after this. Just have a greater respect for their size.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad he is going to be ok. Horses can be dangerous. I'm just glad it wasn't any worse.
    God was watching over him. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so happy he will be okay and praise God his injuries weren't as bad as they could have been! Avery was pretty sad to hear her boyfriend got hurt by a horse too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Jesus for taking care of that sweet boy! What a scare, so glad he's okay!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh how terrifing for all of you! So glad he is okay. We will definately keep him in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comment love makes a happy heart!
Please ensure your email is enabled so that I can reply to your comment :)

Popular Posts