Don't Get Discouraged

Don't you get "holy goosebumps" when the Lord sends you deliberate messages to your inbox?!
I think it is so cool that we serve a God who uses current technology to speak to us w/His Word!
He also uses people & current technology together which is incredible. Ronel seems to share just the right scripture at just the right time. Anissa has started a prayer blog. Heidi speaks to our
souls from the other side of the world! Not to mention all the women who make us laugh, share their families & open their hearts in such a "real" way. The Holy Spirit is at work & it is comforting during these times of trials : )
Here's the follow-up devo from yesterday. So good...


Joshua 8:1 Then the Lord said to Joshua, "Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged. Take the whole army with you, and go up and attack Ai."

Joshua dealt decisively with sin in the camp, once the Lord showed him what it was. Now, right away, the Lord is saying "way to go, now move on, be courageous, don't get bogged down with failure, I've got a job for you to do. Listen closely, here's your strategy." Joshua listened and defeated Ai.

Have you had setbacks recently? Spiritual? Financial? Business? Relational? Health? Don't beat yourself up. Go quickly to God. Take time to read the Scriptures and listen as He speaks to your heart. Do what He says, then press on. After you obey, expect His blessing. Stay at it.

All of us, at all levels of responsibility, go through this process.
Learn-Do-Forget-Fail-Learn.
As time goes on, hopefully we forget less and learn more thoroughly.

Lord, thank you for your ongoing forgiveness. Help me obey today and press on.

Comments

  1. Your post really spoke to me this morning. I am taking on things in my heart and I fully know that is not my job. He is more than enough! Thank You! Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  2. sigh...good post Jenn. thanks for sharing TIMELY insights!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so true and thank you for the mention.. you blog really speaks to me and where I am at in life.. Thanks again!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen Sister!

    I love the new friends I've made by blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I'm visiting from Heidi's blog. I have to say that this spoke directly to me. I have been very discouraged with my own failures, and this encouraged me. Thank you and God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm back!!! I love what you had to say. Miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey I made a new button for my Beelicious blog plus new design some check it out.

    Much Love

    ReplyDelete
  8. just checking on you friend!
    Hope your having a great week!!

    You've got mail;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comment love makes a happy heart!
Please ensure your email is enabled so that I can reply to your comment :)

Popular Posts