Firsts

Today was the first day of first grade for Jman. That's a lot of firsts!
This is something I have been earnestly praying about since May. My hubby observed some things & joined me in specific prayer a couple of months ago. Our home life has been suffering & we have had some dark experiences during this time. My friends have been a huge support to me during all of it. I want to say thank you to you for your prayers. Thank you for letting me "talk it out" with you. Thank you for not trying to influence me (too much) one way or the other. You are true friends & a blessing to me. Once the decision was made I didn't talk about it too much. I wanted to sit with it awhile. I wanted to be sure I didn't influence it one way or another.
This has been one of the most peaceful transitions I have ever made in my life. If there is one thing I could say, pray! Even if you don't really believe, pray for God to make Himself real in your life! He will show up. Seriously, He is so cool.
A neat way the Lord blessed Jman today is that He put J's best bud from pre-k at the desk right next to his. J & B get along so well. They immediately hit it off a couple of years ago. I met B's mom & discovered his super family! We have kept in touch over time by seeing each other at the local kid spots. Sadly, I was not intentional with setting up play dates. They built a house in an adjoining neighborhood & still I was lax in communicating...ugh?! I am just in awe of how God cares so much for J! He put his little school buddy in the closest seat possible so J would feel at ease on his first day. How cool is that one?!
God cares about your details too. When's the last time you talked with Him? Give Him your worries, anger, fears - He can take it & I bet He will come into your life in a big way if you invite Him in.


August 2006


Last Day of Pre-K


Today

Comments

  1. Oh Jen...I loved seeing God be so faithful to provide for your little guy today. What a blessing. I know that comforted your heart!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice blog.
    Beautiful pictures.

    Please visit:
    http://bali-universe.blogspot.com

    Keep blogging.

    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad that today went well! God is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. God is so good! I am glad that J had a great first day and that you had peace. We will be there next week as Nathan will be starting school too. I appreciate the reminders about praying specifically about the details. I am headed to my knees!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will be praying for your family! Hope everything is fine.

    Much Love
    Anissa

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is amazing and that you for sharing your heart!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so sorry you have had such a difficult time lately. I pray all will turn out for the best.

    So glad your little one has a friend for comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhhh how cute are they??? I'm glad J's first day went well! God is definitely good and faithful. He shows me daily how He is helping my older son. It's amazing to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How awesome!! I am so glad to hear that it went well & his buddy was there waiting!

    (((HUGS))) to you! I KNOW how hard it is....first hand!

    ps- I sent you an email last week, I am not sure if I had the right email...shoot me one please so I can reply/resend!

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so glad his first day went well and I'm sure his third, fourth, fifth, etc will too! I'm also happy to start seeing you more often...in the drop off/pick up line that is!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comment love makes a happy heart!
Please ensure your email is enabled so that I can reply to your comment :)

Popular Posts