While Daddy's Away...

My hubby is off on a much needed "man weekend".

The kiddos & I are suffering from the latest virus traveling around our community. We were blessed today by our "sweet" friend, Margo! Our co-op had a Thanksgiving party & we elected not to spread the germs any further so we stayed home & missed all the fun.
Thanks to Sarah for all her hard work in planning/hosting the party!
After the party, Margo surprised us by bringing us the neat craft party projects, party sugar cookies shaped liked Turkeys & my personal favorite, Hot Chocolate!! Not one box, not two boxes, but THREE BOXES of Hot Chocolate?! I'm in Heaven!!!

I had spoken w/her earlier this morning & mentioned I was totally out. I don't drink coffee so I like to make hot chocolate when I have a sore throat. Isn't she sweet?! Big tears welled up in my eyes when she handed me the bag w/ a big grin on her face. I'm serious, that was just so stinkin' thoughtful!!!
So here is our big Friday night w/o Daddy thanks to our thoughtful friend. WOOT! WOOT!

Did you know Wal-Mart makes a "fresh" pizza you can pop in the oven for only $4.98?!


They also make incredible (I'm not exaggerating here) garlic bread sticks for only $2.98


Yummy dessert!


Craft Projects


Big Brother showing everyone how to use the glue?!?


Making the kids do their lace cards can really come in handy ; )


Mommy take my picture w/my hat not finished...


Look, I bit the head off my "tookey"!!!


Ending our evening on the couch in our pj's w/our finished craft projects watching High School Musical 2




Proverbs 7:4
“Say to wisdom, “You are my sister,” And call understanding your intimate friend.”

Comments

  1. you are such an awesome mom! what a fun night and what great memories for your kids. love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are an awesome mom! I still love how wonderful your friends are too. They know you are home sick without your honey and they pamper you so that you can pamper your munchkins. You are a very lucky woman.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great evening!! Mine wasnt near that entertaining. Yet Another way you are an inspiration to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was just super kind and thoughtful of Margo. What a friend she is!!

    I hope you all are feeling a little better today. I'm pretty sure Brett and I now have sinus infections. He's already on an antibiotic for Bronchitis! Aye!! Will sickness ever leave our house??

    On a postive note, Camryn slept REALLY well last night!

    On another note, I'm praying about "THE" situation. God will bless your obedience and take care of all things in His time! (This is a reminder to me as well! :) Because believe me, I'd like to confront the demon myself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yippee for fun nights with the kids!! It looks like you all had a great time! I am blessed to have you as a friend :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comment love makes a happy heart!
Please ensure your email is enabled so that I can reply to your comment :)

Popular Posts