At This Moment in History


Today is an important day in our country's history. While we soak in all of the pomp & circumstance it is a good time to remember that we are all marked for a special purpose.
Here is a devotion I received today via email...

1 Thessalonians 1:4 "It is clear to us, friends, that God not only loves you very much but has also put His hand on you for something special."

Paul wrote this to people whose lives had been changed by the gospel. They had paid careful attention to the way Paul, Timothy, and Silas had lived among them and had determined to live that way themselves. Paul could sense that God would really use these people for good.

Do we believe that He has His hands on us for something special?

Sometimes we feel like we're spinning our wheels, trying to accomplish worthwhile things, yet seeming to get nowhere. Remember that He really loves us and will accomplish His work as we stay with it and continue to follow Him.

Lord, I ask for endurance and perspective today. Teach me to walk through each day with You, remembering Your presence and relying on Your resources.

God Bless You today my Friend! God Bless America!

Comments

  1. Beautifuly stated and God Bless right back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! This is a big deal, isnt it? Kind of exciting! Thanks for the devotional. good one!
    My prayer for the new President...The king's heart is like channels of water in the hand of the Lord; He turns it wherever He wishes. (Pr.21:1).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very Nice, I sadly stumbled last night and began to feel like a failure until I realized we all don't go from crawling to walking over night. Thank you for reminding me He has his hand on me for a purpose and it is okay to stumble because He will pick me up again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very well said! That was a great devotional! Thank you for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just HEART you!
    Love your heart!!!
    Always so uplifting-
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ditto what everyone said!

    I love how you didn't focus on the new president but reminded us all that we are just as important.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love what you said and you said it so well. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. stopping back in to say CONGRATS on your 2008 Okie Blog Nom for best Inspirational blog!!!

    WTG You SO have my Vote!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comment love makes a happy heart!
Please ensure your email is enabled so that I can reply to your comment :)

Popular Posts