Rise & Shine in 2009

My sister says that 2009 is her year to shine! I just love this one so I told her it was going on my blog!
My shiny sister w/BeeBee...
During my prayer time, which has been in the shower lately as it's the only uninterrupted time I have, the following came to my mind around my sister's "shine saying"...

One of my favorite hymns...
Rise, and shine, and give God his glory, glory,
Rise, and shine, and give God his glory, glory,
Rise, and shine, and give God his glory, glory,
Children of the Lord.

One of my favorite scriptures...

"so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which you shine like stars in the universe" Phil 2:15


Here is another great Children's song that I started humming (based on Matt 5:16)...
This little light o' mine, I'm goin' let it shine,
This little light o' mine, I'm goin' let it shine,
This little light o' mine, I'm goin' let it shine,
Let it shine, let it shine, let it shine.
He is our light, we need Him to stay out of darkness in 2009 (John 8:12)


I'm looking to shine in 2009 as well! Less of me & more of Him.
2008 is a distant memory & I'm looking forward. I don't do resolutions.
My "saying" for this year is, "I'm ready for peace, prosperity & purpose!"
Here are some scriptures that I am claiming for 2009 - John 15:2-5 & Psalm 51:12
I pray that 2009 is filled w/shiny, sparkly light for you - God Bless!!

Comments

  1. Great post!! I love the idea of Shining for Him in 2009, too!!

    I, too am hoping for more of Him and less of me this year... I will keep you in my prayers!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh...Let it Shine...Let it Shine...Let it Shine!
    LOVE IT!

    Blessing sweet friend!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the song Rise and Shine and Give God the Glory Glory! I sing it to my girls of a morning.

    Your New Year's Eve pic is really cute. I forgot to take any pictures. hmph!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that was a beautiful post!!!
    Happy 2009 may your lil light shine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful post! I love that song. Your light always shines. :)
    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you have a great 2009! I am so looking forward to seeing what this year brings.

    ReplyDelete
  7. loved your post!! hope to see ya soon in 2009!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this post! Your timing (or God's timing) was perfect. I guess I really needed to read that "reminder" today. Thank you so much for sharing. May God bless 2009 for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I stopped by from CWO and I love the post. What a great way to start 2009. Let's shine for Him.
    Always,
    Holli

    ReplyDelete
  10. 2009 is the time to shine... I like it! Happy New Year to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy New Year to you and your family! Can I shine for Him with you? That is such a lovely idea.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't know if you've read "The purpose driven life" by Rick Warren but if you're looking for purpose this is a great place to start. I've been reading it with a group of ladies and it has made an immense change in my life :)
    I'll pray for God to bring all of those things into your life and more.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous post!
    I left you an award over at my place.
    It is perfect for you! You ARE a lemonade maker!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comment love makes a happy heart!
Please ensure your email is enabled so that I can reply to your comment :)

Popular Posts