I found Music Monday from Jen at Dustbunny Hostage. Go to Jeff & Me + 3.
On Monday, I'm sorry I mean, on MUSICAL MONDAY, you should post a song, video, lyrics, album cover, whatever, that means something TO YOU and tell us why.
It can be a song or album that brings up an old memory, a song that just "speaks to you", a line in a song's lyrics that inspires you or pumps you up, a song you've just discovered that totally rocks, whatever! As long as it's MUSICAL!

My song choice is one that I started singing this morning & I just can't get it out of my head!
It's from a great girl band, The Bangles, who only had a few hits.
**sigh**
Whatever happened to girl bands w/great hair, outfits & music?!?




Manic Monday Lyrics:
Six o'clock already
I was just in the middle of a dream
I was kissin' Valentino
By a crystal blue Italian stream
But I can't be late
'Cause then I guess I just won't get paid
These are the days
When you wish your bed was already made

It's just another manic Monday
I wish it was Sunday
'Cause that's my funday
My I don't have to runday
It's just another manic Monday

Have to catch an early train
Got to be to work by nine
And if I had an air-o-plane
I still couldn't make it on time
'Cause it takes me so long
Just to figure out what I'm gonna wear
Blame it on the train
But the boss is already there

All of the nights
Why did my lover have to pick last night
To get down
Doesn't it matter
That I have to feed the both of us
Employment's down
He tells me in his bedroom voice
C'mon honey, let's go make some noise
Time it goes so fast
When you're having fun

Ok so it's your turn! What's your music today?

Comments

  1. Perfect song for a Monday!!

    Loved them back in the day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a neat idea and you chose a great song!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVED the Bangles back in the day. My friend Megan and I must have spent HOURS singing and choreographing our own performance to Walk Like an Egyptian. Great band, GREAT songs
    ! Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the Bangles and that song. The lead singer had such a great voice. Sweet!

    Have a great week and thanks for the shout out :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a great song! Thanks for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh man love the 80s music...love that song too...hmmmm I guess I will go Alone by Heart gosh i love me some heart go figure huh?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love Chick-fil-A! Wish there was one here, but we can still dream!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comment love makes a happy heart!
Please ensure your email is enabled so that I can reply to your comment :)

Popular Posts