You Don't Really Know Me

I received this award from my friends M & M. Thank you girls, you are great moms! I'm happy that are families hang out together & our kiddos hang around such neat people. These awards are such fun. So here it goes...

1) Admit that ONE thing you feel awful about involving being a mom. Get it off your shoulders. Once you've written it down, you are NO LONGER allowed to feel bad. It's over with, it's in the past. Remember, you're a good mom! 2)To remind yourself that you ARE a good mom, list SEVEN things you love about your kids, you love doing with your kids, or that your kids love about you. These are the things to remind yourself of EVERY DAY that you rock!
3)Send this to FIVE other Moms of the Year that deserve forgiveness and a reminder that they, too, are the best moms they can be!!! Remember to send them a note to let them know you've selected them, and add a link to the person who nominated you!"
The one thing I feel hOrriBle about is locking my 3 oldest in the closet so I could go out shopping with my girlfriends for a few hours.
JUST KIDDING! I had ya going there for a minute didn't I?! In all seriousness, I feel horrible about being a "yeller". I yell up the stairs or yell out the door. I yell from the kitchen & the bedroom.
I want to be a mom who never raises her voice. I know they exist as I am friends with such a wonderful creature : )

7 Things I love about my kids
I love...
that they are my peeps, my tribe, my gang & I really, really enjoy hanging w/them.
that they are perfect reflections of their father & me.
that they are bright, funny, loving people.
that God reveals Himself to me through them everyday.
how they are growing & changing every day.
that they are fearless.
that they unconditionally love.


5 Deserving Moms

Mommy of 3 & Loving It
My Favorite Munchkins
Mommy Accountability
All Because I Fell in Love
Flip Flops & Pearls

2008 Okie Blog Awards

The Okie Blog Awards celebrates its fourth year in recognizing and honoring the excellence and diversity of bloggers within Oklahoma through popular nominating and voting. The awards were established by, and are decided by and for, Oklahoma bloggers exclusively.

On Jan. 2, 2009, bloggers began nominating their favorite blogs in each of 12 categories. In those categories with more than 10 blogs being nominated, the ten blogs receiving the most nominations made the final nomination list.

From Jan. 21 through Feb. 7, more than 1,000 votes were submitted by qualified Okie bloggers which resulted in the following blogs deemed the best in Oklahoma during 2008.

Congratulations to the nominees & winners!!!
Being an native Okie girl I am especially honored by this award. I try to put my best foot forward on my blog & write from my heart. There have been several posts that were deleted before hitting the "publish post" button. I want to be "real", yet I don't want to scare anyone either, LOL!
I love that some of my girlfriends were nominated as well. We have a great group of blogging women in our area : ) Go here to see all the awards.



"Defining myself, as opposed to being defined by others, is one of the most difficult challenges I face."-Carol Mosely-Braun

"The first question here, then, is not "What is best for my soul?" nor is it even "What is most useful to humanity?" But--transcending both these limited aims--what function must this life fulfill in the great and secret economy of God?"-Evelyn Underhill (The Spiritual Life)

"Until you make peace with who you are, you'll never be content with what you have."-Doris Mortman

Comments

  1. Jen Ima yeller too...but i am workin on it...congrats on your awards soooo deserving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the nomination! Your so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!! I love you! I'm so glad you won in your category!

    I'm more of a screamer than I want to be as well. Maybe it's time I get back on my happy pill! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes I yell too! Probably too much.
    Congrats on your award! You are very deserving. Your a great mommmy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats, girl. You deserve them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on winning the 2008 Okie Blog Award for best inspirational blog! You deserve it! Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats! Do you have a button we can snag to give you a nod? If we have to be beat we are glad it was by you. Congrats. Puppy kisses from ARF

    ReplyDelete
  8. P.S: We recieved a very special donation from a sweet princess and would be very grateful if you would help us spread the word so that she can get some comment praise for her good deed! THANKS!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi. My name is Melissa Carlson and I'm a yeller. I think we need to start a support group! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comment love makes a happy heart!
Please ensure your email is enabled so that I can reply to your comment :)

Popular Posts