From You'll Do to I Do

Nine years ago today I said, "I Do.".
Here is our engagement pic from
Tween Waters, Captiva Island
October 1999


We married at Lover's Key 2000
At each place setting was a Sand Dollar attached by pewter satin ribbon to a card that read:

The Legend of the Sand Dollar

There's a pretty little legend that I would like to tell,
of the birth and death of Jesus found in this lowly shell.

If you examine closely, you'll see that you find here

four nail holes and a fifth one made by a Roman's Spear.

On one side the Easter Lily, its center is the star

that appeared unto the shepherds and led them from afar.

The Christmas poinsettia etched on the other side

reminds us of His birthday our Happy Christmastide.

Now break the centre open and here you will release

the five white doves awaiting to spread Good Will and Peace.

This simple little symbol, Christ left for you and me

to help us spread his Gospel through all eternity.

We ask for your support and prayers in joining our families and lives,

As each of you are in our thoughts and prayers.

Thank you for celebrating our wedding with us tonight!

Love- Jennifer & Jason


Happy Anniversary Bubba!
I love you for the father & man you strive to be for our family.




Comments

  1. Praise God for your awesome MARRIAGE!!!
    Congrats to you both & may God continue to bless you all the days of your lives!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary, my friend!! Awesome story, I think I have heard it before.... but love it! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary Jen! what a beautiful sand-dollar placesetting addition...LOVED what was attached!
    will I see you tomorrow? at MNO?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary! Loved the story behind the sand dollar. Congratulations to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  5. totally forgot to tell you how precious that picture is! LOVE IT ♡

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Anniversary!!

    What an amazing story and wonderful pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jen! I think I missed you at MNO???

    Happy Anniversary Sister~Friend!

    9 Glorious years? Splendid job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know I've said it already but I'll say it again now that I've ready this post...Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Belated Anniversary!!! May God continue to bless your family ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad you had a great anniversary! This was a great post. =)

    Oh, btw, I love the new layout!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Did you know you can shorten your links with BCVC and get cash from every click on your short links.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comment love makes a happy heart!
Please ensure your email is enabled so that I can reply to your comment :)

Popular Posts