Called to Be a Keeper


I completed a very good Bible Study last week.
Check out "Called to Be a Keeper" by Lori Merrill.
She's a fellow Okie & God is using her in a huge way to reach the hearts of women everywhere!
This Bible study challenged my ideas of what it is to be a women, wife, mom & friend.  I am still trying to find ways to implement all that I have learned. I am praying for the courage to deal with some concerns that have come up during the study.
Here is one question that hit me, "Has pleasing myself become my functional savior?" What or who is your functional savior? Where are you placing your hope or faith? While this thing or person may bring you relief, it is only for a time. Check out Vintage Jesus by Driscoll/Breshears. They give you simple questions to ask yourself such as...
  1. What am I most afraid of?
  2. Where do I run for comfort?
  3. What do I complain about the most?
  4. What angers me most?
  5. What makes me happiest?
  6. How do I explain myself to other people?
  7. What has caused me to be angry with God?
  8. What do I brag about?
  9. What do I want to have more than anything else?
  10. What do I sacrifice the most for in my life?
  11. If I could change one thing in my life what would that be?
  12. Whose approval am I seeking?
  13. What do I want to control/master?
  14. What comfort do I treasure the most?
Sigh?! These questions may be difficult to honestly answer?! I mean #5 would be Diet Coke right at this moment! LOL!!!
I'm still learning & growing! Always wanting to keep my heart open to His teaching & love! This is why I'm motivated to share what I am learning with you as I go along in life. Maybe you are struggling w/making your house a home or removing a functional savior in your life. Don't give in or give up, it's not about perfection or even being "good". It's about being real, honest & owning your "junk". That's another post for another day...
Keep your heart open & remain teachable. You never know what tomorrow will bring!
Have an awesome weekend blogfriends : )

Comments

  1. That sounds like a great bible study. I really like those questions! I think I am going to use them on my teenager and see how she answers them as well.Thanks for posting them because I see a great discussion in mine and my daughters future!

    Glad your blogging again!

    Have a wonderful weekend!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comment love makes a happy heart!
Please ensure your email is enabled so that I can reply to your comment :)

Popular Posts