Newlyweds - The RHOK McLinky Monday

If you are married (or have ever been) then you qualify for this post.  If you have never been married then feel free to laugh at the rest of us.  Newlyweds are funny.

Today I want you to share your funny Newlywed stories - preferably your mistakes.  What mistakes did you make in your first year of marriage?  Or, if you are perfect like Mrs. Priss at the RHOK then tell on your spouse.
Bubba & I are about to celebrate 10 years next week?! It seems surreal to even type that number! 
Our first year of marriage was pretty good. We definitely competed for control, but quickly learned that if we were going to stay together we would have to give in once in a while. 
Ok so that really took about 6 months to learn, but hey at least we got it?! 
Ok so we really didn't "get it" & we would vi for control over the really important things like...
where each other's dirty clothes went or how to fold a towel 
or a REALLY BIG ONE...
what brand toilet paper to buy. 
These type of earth shattering things should be decided BEFORE marriage.
Why oh why didn't anyone tell us?!
Forget questions like, do you want children, where do you see yourself in 5 years or have you ever been convicted of a felony! Girls if you learn one thing from this post it should be to teach your daughters to find out if  the boy she is considering spending the rest of her life with uses Quilted Northern Double Rolls!!!
Oh the sweet joys of marriage!
Who knew I might lose it one afternoon over the fact that my husband folded a towel in halves instead of thirds. I mean didn't he get that the towels take up smaller space on the shelf that way?!
If you had told me I might consider divorce over my husband leaving his shorts on the floor right in front of his side of the bed vs. throwing them in the dirty clothes hamper I would have laughed. Those shorts drove me mad. For days they laid there day after day waiting for me to pick them up & put them in the hamper. FYI, the hamper was about 3 ft away from his side of the bed. 
I'm happy to report he now buys Quilted Northern Double Rolls & his shorts make it to the dirty clothes. The towels, in year 9, are just now getting folded in thirds. Woot! Woot!
You may be wondering what I had to change. It's hard being perfect, but I did change a few things...
Ok so maybe I didn't complain about watching Sports Center every night.
Ok so maybe I learned that guy sports time is very important & you shouldn't make your man go shopping instead.
Ok so maybe I'm not ALWAYS right. Mmmm - nah, just that I will let him think he's right from time to time.
A couple of books that helped me through my first year:
Me & My Big Mouth by Joyce Meyer


Most important thing I learned as a Newlywed,
have fun together!


"Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing."  
-1 Thessalonians 5:11 
 
C'mon. Join the fun. 
Don't you have a funny lesson or story from your first year of marriage? 
Join the Real Housewives of Oklahoma's MckLinky Monday and share your post. 
All you have to do is answer the question on your own blog and then link up with the RHOK
If you don't have a blog you can just leave your answer in the comments! Those housewives LOVE comments.

Comments

  1. I fold my towels in thirds but I'd never buy northern. I'm a Charmin Ultra Soft girl all the way! LOL! I just wish I could buy it at Aldi's!!

    Great post! You and Bubba have a good marriage. Who would have thunk that a Jenks girl and a Bubba could make it 10 years?!? LOL! You're good for each other.

    Thanks so much for participating in MckLinky Monday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny. I'm charge of towels, cooking, and the cats. Roy take care of the dogs, trash, and garbage bucket.
    We split the dishes.

    And if I ask him to do one of my jobs, he replies, "not my area".
    that has come back to bite his hiney!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that towel folding is a big issue. Sounds like me - except mine is tshirt folding. I don't allow my husband to fold my tshirts still!
    Thanks for linking up with us today!
    ~Mrs. Priss

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the fact that we are not the only couple with Toilet Paper conflicts. I like the nice soft cushy stuff and Roy goes for cheap.

    He has no concern for money but then buys the generic toilet paper and paper towels! GRRRr

    ReplyDelete
  5. I learned a lot about submitting and giving grace. I am a very dominate personality so I find this one tough even though we will be celebrating 7 years of marriage this November.... I think the books that have helped the most are the 5 Love Languages & Love and Respect.

    Love this post especially the part about having fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. MIchael and I seriously had some of the SAME discussions/disagreements when we first got married...especially the one about folding towels! Who knew that folding in halves or thirds was such a big deal?! Well, since I do 99.9% of the laundry, I eventually won out on that one...halves it is! Having fun together is one of the most important things a couple can learn to do!! It really gets you through a lot! Great books too, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I fold my towels in thirds also!!! But I'm an Angel Soft girl!!! Funny as I read these posts how I just nod my head and say, why didn't I think of that! I need to let you into my blog! FB me ur email address! Great post, very inspirational w/ good advice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am a thirds towel folder also!! But I am also picky about laundry baskets. Only clean clothes go in the baskets, dirty clothes go in the hamper. Loved your post!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comment love makes a happy heart!
Please ensure your email is enabled so that I can reply to your comment :)

Popular Posts