Friends - MckLinky Monday

The RHOK Girls are asking about friendships today. If you read my Thankful Thursday post (see below) you know how special some of my friends are to me. I am blessed with great relationships in my life! So here is today's question...
What are the qualities that are most important in your friendships? 
Faith, Family, Love, Honesty, Humor and Sincerity.
That pretty much sums it up for me.
That's the kind of friend I want to be in life.
So I figure, if I strive to be that kind of friend,
I will have friends with similar qualities.
"Love must be sincere. 
Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. 
Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. 
Honor one another above yourselves."
Romans 12:9-10

My "inner circle" is a safe haven for me. 
It is a circle built on love, not perfection. 
"Above all, love each other deeply, 
because love covers over a multitude of sins." 
1 Peter 4:80
I mean I'm perfect, but they aren't and 
I accept them despite their imperfections. 

A sense of humor is huge.
I like to laugh at myself. It's cheap therapy.
I believe God gave everyone a sense of humor, 
just not everyone uses that sense 
but that's another blog post.
I know that I can trust my friends to encourage 
me as well as kick me in the rear when needed. 
A "kick in love" mind you, 
but a kick none the less.
Oil and perfume rejoice the heart; 
so does the sweetness of a friend's counsel 
that comes from the heart.  

We may not agree, but I appreciate a straight shooter.
One who is transparent with their life, 
who is real.
That is part of being honest.
Ya gotta be real.
"He who covers and forgives an offense seeks love, 
but he who repeats or harps on a matter 
separates even close friends."
Proverbs 17: 9

Loving to me means kindness in all situations.
I strive to be kind even when I don't really feel like it.
If you know me, you know I always say,
"Just smile and wave, anyone can smile and wave."


I don't judge my friends. 
How could I with the choices I've made in life?
My friends know they can call me anytime 
day or night and I will be there.
Even if they are at church camp and REgret what happened.


"And this is my prayer:
that your love may abound more and more 
in knowledge and depth of insight, 
so that you may be able to discern what is best 
and may be pure and blameless until the day of Christ"  
Phillipians 1:9-10


So what qualities are important in your friendships?
MckLinky Monday Friends won't you join me? Here's how to participate:

Rules:

1. Answer the question on your blog (or in the comments sections if you haven't a blog).


2. If you answer the question on your blog, add your name to MckLinky so we can all be sure to come by and read your reply and leave some comment love.

3. Grab our button from the sidebar and post it either in your reply post or on your blog.

4. Enjoy and have some fun!!

Comments

  1. OMGosh!! This post made my DAY!!!!!!! Love the "cheap therapy" bit and the fact that you admitted out-loud that you are perfect!!!
    You are an awesome friend! But stay away from those church camp gangsta's!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww.... great MM!! You do have some pretty awesome friends, if I do say so myself. =)

    Loved the pictures!

    Thanks for playing along with our MckLinky Monday!!!

    ~Mrs. Albright aka Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great qualities indeed -Sense of humor a must! I'm sure there are some interesting stories behind some of those pictures ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hee Hee! My making friend advice:
    Look out for MMGangs - they recruit & then get you in HUGE trouble ; )~
    I really do have AWESOME friends!!!
    Humor is non-negotiable : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your post and love your blog! You are kinda like superwoman with 4 kiddos. I can barely handle one. I know...I'm a sad person. I'm so glad that I got to meet you IRL. I can't wait for the next RHOK Out!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did an AWESOME job of finding the perfect verses for this post!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comment love makes a happy heart!
Please ensure your email is enabled so that I can reply to your comment :)

Popular Posts