McLinky Monday - Christmas Decor

The Most Wonderful Time of The Year....

Sing it with me! The most Hap, Hap, Happiest Season of All...

I'm trying to get in the mood here girls. I was all into it until Black Friday in Wally World. Ugh. Women throwing themselves over plastic wrapped pallets of zu-zu pets did me in this year.

I have decorated for Christmas. We are living in 1400 sq. ft. this year. Many of my Christmas boxes went back up in the attic. Still the house looks great. We "have to" do a live Christmas tree every year so the tree is not up yet. We go to a local tree farm & make a day of it. This year we are going to do a SMALL tree so we still have square footage in the living room.


We have a special place for Charlie Brown in our family.
If you can pronounce my last name you understand :)


One of my favorite things about decorating for Christmas is having each of the kiddos place their ornaments on the tree. Oooing and Aaahhing over each one. I cry every year. I still have ornaments from when I was a baby. There is something magical about the tree all lit up at night.

 I'm really into Round Top Decor. They are a company out of Roundtop Texas. They make the cutest stuff!

My other favorite thing about decorating for Christmas is the nativity scene. We have two. One was a gift from my husband's aunt for our first Christmas together. The other, is my Grandmother's she purchased in Italy. Each year my children get to place baby Jesus in the manager. Somehow, year to year, they know who's turn it it to place Him. It was so cute, this year was our youngest daughter's turn. She must have taken an hour to place Him just right. We try to always reinforce the real meaning of Christmas for our family.

Christmas books are also part of our decor. We add one each year and set them out on the coffee table or shelf. It is fun to read them every year. My Grandmother gave me a book written by various authors.
Pick one up - it is a great reminder of what we should be celebrating.




So, today on McLinky Monday, 
we want to know when you drag out the Christmas decor!

Are you an early bird or late to the party? 
Do you have a traditional day that things get put up or are you just a go-with-the-flow kind of person?
We want to hear all about it!
Dish on the decor!  Be sure to come back and link up!
You know the drill...
1. Answer the question on your blog
(or in the comments sections if you haven't a blog).
2. If you answer the question on your blog, add your name and
direct link to our MckLinky.
3. Grab our button from the sidebar and post it
either in your reply post or on your blog.
4. Follow our blog, if you don't already.
5. Be sure to visit some or all of the blogs who link up
and share some comment love.
6. Enjoy and have some fun!

The RHOK

Comments

  1. I LOVE Christmas books! We have tons of them. Isaiah has one whole shelf w/ nothing but books about Christmas!

    I'll have to check out those ornaments you're talking about! They sound really cute!

    I've always wanted to have a real Christmas tree, but I like to leave mine up too long. Maybe I'll get one and put it on my front porch?! If I had my way about it, I would have a dozen trees!

    Mrs. Edwards

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm usually so organized and have everything up the day after Thanksgiving. But,since we bought a new tv for our gift to each other I spent the whole day reorganizing my living room and bedroom. So....I'm getting it all out a little bit at a time. Should have everything up by this weekend. I'm not going all out this year though since we are skiing this Christmas. Happy Decorating!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My dad used to go out in the woods at the family cabin and chop down a tree for Christmas -it's a nice tradition to have -sounds like you have some other great traditions too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cry when we get the old ornaments out too! I have one from 1973 the year I was born and I love the bedraggled thing! I wish we did the live tree but we all have allergies...ugh!!! Roundtop decor has cute stuff...thanks for the hint!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You do have some great ornaments on your tree.

    We love the Christmas books here too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like all of your traditions! Jacob loves when we break out the Christmas books.
    No live trees here, I'd never be able to breathe again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your traditions. I'm trying to make some also, Boyd is really into Christmas this year. I think I'm overthinking it though.

    I have started a Christmas book collection for him.

    I get the Charlie Brown thing....very cute!

    Also, I buy one train ornament each year, and when Boyd is grown, I'm sending them all with him. I get emotional just thinking about it! haha.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comment love makes a happy heart!
Please ensure your email is enabled so that I can reply to your comment :)

Popular Posts