Real People Living Incredible Lives

I am thankful for others who inspire me in my daily walk.  Those who give to others without expectation of return.People who are just like you and me, yet they do ordinary things with extraordinary results. I am surrounded by friends who live incredible lives. I'm not talking travels, monetary wealth or fame. I am talking about lives of grace, generosity and love. Mom friends like Jonni and Dawn. They have children with Aspergers and are the moms to call when you have questions, concerns or need information. They champion not only their children, but others with the same diagnosis.They will stop what they are doing to help other moms, families who are struggling. Church friends like James and Valerie. James is an incredible children's leader. He not only leads the kids, but the parents as well. You know the man that is truly living what he is called to do - that's James. Valerie is an extraordinary woman. Her life story is one of insurmountable odds yet she shares her story time again. Even with a double lung transplant she is swimming, climbing stairs and living proof she has a purpose to fulfill.  There are so many people I could tell you about today! Here are a few others who are encouraging me this Thanksgiving...
Kenzie is one cool girl! 
At a very young age she has created a successful non-profit. 
K saw a need and started doing what she could to help.
She proves 1 Tim 4:12.

Boyd's Crazy Mama
She is not only an inspiring mother she is incredibly generous.
Her beautiful photographs tell stories.
Her latest post is how she gave Blessing Bags.

Dee Gibbs is a local missionary serving 5 local churches and community through counseling. 
She teaches classes for the community such as Boundaries and other faith based topics 
Dee also does women's and singles retreat speaking. 
With all of these "jobs" she does not make a salary. 
You have to hear her testimony. 
She does not have "family money" or wealth in the bank.
Dee followed her calling even when those around her said, "You're crazy!"
An incredible woman living out God's plan for her life.
 
Go check out their stories. I pray they inspire you today!
"Command them to do good, to be rich in good deeds, and to be generous and willing to share. In this way they will lay up treasure for themselves as a firm foundation for the coming age, so that they may take hold of the life that is truly life." 1 Tim 6:18-19

"God has blessed me with more than I need. I am grateful. I am rich. I will not trust in my riches, but in Him who richly provides. Since I have more, I will do more and give more. I will view all my resources through the lens of eternity. " from November Sermon Series

THINK ABOUT IT:
A rich man that built bigger barns was not the issue, but that he built bigger barns for himself was the issue.
He was focused on this life and his own wealth. There’s more to this life than this life. In other words, life is more than hoarding more wealth and more possessions; you can’t take your money or your possessions with you when you die. Chances are most of us will run out of time before we run out of money.

One word that keeps coming up throughout this post is Incredible. That sums it up. Real people living incredible lives. Not incredible in wordly terms. Incredible in generousity of spirit. 
How are you incredible? How are you generous to those around you? 
This Thanksgiving give thanks not only with your mouth, but in your actions.
Happy Thanksgiving!

Comments

  1. Jen, I love you, and your heart is so GOOD! I think I've cried a million tears since yesterday, but good ones. I am so touched that I touched others. I did not think I would have that affect. I feel like just a small person doing my tiny bit in this big, crazy world.

    Thank you for such a nice comment on my blog and for what you said here. I am honored.

    You are a blessing to me and so many. You share kind words and inspiration and love. You are an amazing mama! I am so glad to know you. I am going to check out the others you talked about here, of course I know Dawn and I just left Jonni a comment too. They are both amazing women.

    I love what you put here, "God has blessed me with more than I need...". It is so true. I could give it all up tomorrow and I would be ok.

    Goodness, that is more than you asked for, huh?!

    Happy Thanksgiving. Thank you for being you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you and I'm so thankful for your friendship. I love that we can be honest with each other and encourage one another.

    You have a great big heart and do a lot for a lot of people. You truly use your God-given gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in awe Jen...wow I am a better person just by being your bloggy friend...happy Thanksgiving darlin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jen thanks for blogging about Kenzie and Punky Monkey Missions, that brought tears to my eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey did you know that her whole blog was based around that scripture? Her first post she posted that! How perfect tht you used it in your post!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comment love makes a happy heart!
Please ensure your email is enabled so that I can reply to your comment :)

Popular Posts