Repeated Message

If I have said it once, I have said it a thousand times. 
I am a little slow. 
God has to repeat the same message to me a few times before I say, 
"Oh, are you trying to tell me something?!". 
We were discussing our kids yesterday. How they will be playing a video game while we are talking to them and they don't hear a word we say. Yet they can respond to us like they did hear our words, but their actions say otherwise.
For instance, "Johnny, take out the trash." Johnny says ok and then proceeds to head upstairs to clean his room.
That is me and God.
Life is my video game and I get way too distracted in what is going on around here without stopping and truly listening to what He is trying to tell me. Then I go off and do what I think I heard.
Here is a message He gave me in 2008. Yep 2008 and now it has come up over the past two days more than a few times. Hhhmmm... is He trying to tell me something.

Joshua 8:1 Then the Lord said to Joshua, 
"Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged. 
Take the whole army with you, and go up and attack Ai." 

Joshua dealt decisively with sin in the camp, once the Lord showed him what it was.
Now, right away, the Lord is saying "way to go, now move on, be courageous, don't get bogged down with failure, I've got a job for you to do. Listen closely, here's your strategy."
Joshua listened and defeated Ai.
Have you had setbacks recently? Spiritual? Financial? Business? Relational? Health?
Don't beat yourself up.
Go quickly to God.
Take time to read the Scriptures and listen as He speaks to your heart.
Do what He says, then press on.
After you obey, expect His blessing.
Stay at it.
All of us, at all levels of responsibility, go through this process.
Learn-Do-Forget-Fail-Learn.
As time goes on, hopefully we forget less and learn more thoroughly.

Lord, thank you for your ongoing forgiveness.
Help me obey today and press on.

Comments

  1. This is great stuff, Jen! I sometimes have to be reminded time and time again too. That's the great thing about God, He never gives up on us and is always there with grace and mercy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Following from Follow Me Back Tuesday!

    http://www.giveawaysformom.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good stuff. I'm going to log off right now and go spend some time in my Bible study.

    Love you and love how you encourage.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this post! But sometimes I get stuck at the FAIL stage. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comment love makes a happy heart!
Please ensure your email is enabled so that I can reply to your comment :)

Popular Posts