Elizabeth Taylor and my Grandma

Elizabeth Taylor passed away this morning at age 79 after battling congestive heart failure.


I can't help but think of my Grandmother. She turns 79 next Tuesday. She keeps looking for her health failing and going to meet Jesus. Fortunately for me and my family her doctors can't find much proof.
Yesterday she told me it was hard to get to church by 9am for Sunday School because it takes her so long to get ready. She yelled, "I'm almost 79 years old. I don't move that fast anymore!". Does this woman look slow to you?

I just read an article that they average American life expectancy is now 79.3 years. That doesn't seem that old to me. By that age, I pray I am playing with my grandbabies, crafting, traveling, hanging at the lake and enjoying life with friends. How do you see your life at 79 years old?

Comments

  1. I hope to age well, stay mobile and active, and keep a pleasant face. God willing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your grandma looks fabulous! I hope to be doing as well as her at that age.

    And, you're right, that age doesn't seem too far off now that we are in our forties! Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at G-momma!
    She is stylin' & profiln' :)

    At age 79.....
    hmmmm.,,,,
    I better be living on a yacht!
    We shall see......
    by age 79, I may have forgotten:)

    XoXo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopefully like your grandma. I plan on living at least until 100!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comment love makes a happy heart!
Please ensure your email is enabled so that I can reply to your comment :)

Popular Posts