MckLinky Monday ~ Things You Treasure

Mrs. Albright over at The RHOK is taking a stroll down memory lane and asking about the things we treasure.
One thing I treasure so much in my life is a family Bible that my Great Grandmother & Grandmother used.
When my Grandfather passed away I received a family box of items. In it was this precious Bible. It is well worn, well read. I love reading from it & knowing that it was read by the women before me.
Also in this box were a small devotional and small New Testament Bible. The devotional was given to my Grandmother later in life. The small, New Testament Bible is embossed with her name & inscribed as a gift from her Sunday School class.


In the Bible there were all sort of treasures tucked away.
Notes from my Great Grandmother to my Grandmother about her birthday.  A note from me to my Grandmother on her birthday at a significant time in my life. A sweet bookmark with my Grandmother's note about a scripture. These mean so much to me as they were notes that my Grandmother thought were treasures. I treasure them because of the handwriting, the sentiments expressed & their age.
There were also many, many newspaper clippings, funeral booklets & pictures. Two, original newspaper clippings that I especially love are the wedding announcement of my grandparents & an article about my Great Grandfather.
Their announcement tells of their Reno, NV wedding. Their life in San Franciso & how they may make the move back to Oklahoma. It tells of their grand wedding reception & honeymoon. My Grandmother wasn't thrilled with the picture they chose, however I love it as it shows them so happy.

Yep that's my Great Grandfather about to ride a bull at age 68. The article speaks of his successful business, 400 acre working ranch, 4 children, 7 grand daughters, service to his church as an Elder & usher, membership in the chamber of commerce & his political affiliations. My favorite part, is the picture of him getting ready to ride a bull with a big ol' smile on his face. He was too cool!


I hope you have as much fun showcasing your treasures as I did showcasing mine. It brought back some very sweet memories. 

Here are the rules for linking up with us today:

1. Answer the question on your blog (or in the comments sections if you haven't a blog).
2. If you answer the question on your blog, add your name to MckLinky so that we all can see what you treasure.
3. Grab the RHOK button from the sidebar (or above) and post it either in your reply post or on your blog.
4. Enjoy and have some fun!

Comments

  1. B E A U T I F U L!!!!

    Love all your bible AND I love you!!

    MUAH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. That really is treasure.
    I love Reno! We have cousins there and at one point in time I tried to talk the Doc into moving there. In my mind, that meant we could ski every weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE! I love old family Bibles, handwriting from family long gone, etc. You do have some precious treasures there.

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how I love the family Bibles and I know the history of the Baptisms and Birth Records in those are just precious memories......

    ReplyDelete
  5. The story about the bible melts my heart. I LOVE it! I love old bibles. My grandma was born in CA, moved back to OK too. That is where my dad was born, in McAlister. Funny!

    Love the bull riding picture/story too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are great treasures! It's nice to have/ know your family history in all those old newspaper clippings and other papers :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comment love makes a happy heart!
Please ensure your email is enabled so that I can reply to your comment :)

Popular Posts