RHOK Reads Pioneer Woman Week 1

This week, we read Black Heels to Tractor Wheels Chapters 1-5.
Mrs. Edwards over at The RHOK has started a fun book club! I hope you have or will be joining our group.
I have to say I am very impressed by Oklahoma's own, Ree Drummond. Her writing skills are just fantastic.
I have visualized every scene in living color. I identify with her very real portrayal of herself at this time of her life. 
When I was in my 20's, after college, I went through an identity crisis. Did I want to continue teaching or begin another career? Would I marry by college boyfriend? Would I conquer the big city in Texas or run home to the security of my family?
I won't go into the  romance fiasco's of my early to mid 20's. Let's just say my heart was broken & I hurt someone's heart that I really didn't mean to hurt. So I have identified with Ree's ex beau & new beau drama.
Mrs. Edwards picked my fav scene from these chapters. The K-I-S-S-I-N-G scene. Wowzers!
I can't help wondering if the ladies are developing a lil' crush on Mr. Drummond?
So what has been your favorite part of the book? Mrs. E has provided some great ideas for you...

Plausible Questions/Writing Prompts for this week:

  • While reading the first chapter, and reading about all of Ree's exes, could you identify with any of them...have you had a J or a Mr. B or a Kev in your life?
  • Anything surprising you learned about Ree?
  • How would you have handled ex-boyfriend, J?
  • Ever experienced that strong of an emotional pull from someone you just met? 
  • Do you believe in "love at first sight"?
  • Tell us about a past dating experience.

Feel free to answer one or all of these questions in a post on your own blog!  Grab our snazzy button (Thanks, Mrs. Sinclair!) and link up with us today!

For next week, we're going to read the rest of Part 1, chapters 6-9.

I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts, comments, and feedback!

Comments

  1. I haven't started this book yet. JK may break up with me. Maybe I'll start and catch up..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not the mushy type but a girl can really fall in love with MM the way PW describes him!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comment love makes a happy heart!
Please ensure your email is enabled so that I can reply to your comment :)

Popular Posts