Christians Hurting Christians

I am shocked, surprised, taken back by people who use God in the same sentence with judgement. You know this kind of statement, "God is so good & insert name here deserves all the crap in life because they are sinners."

Right.
Let me get this straight...you are a "better" Christian than me?
Ok, maybe, but if you feel the need to discuss this in a group or even with one friend maybe you need to check yourself. This has happened to me this year. In my small community there was much talk about a mom's group with my name thrown around. Ugh.
I realize that we are all human & walking around wounded. There are just so many in the body of Christ who have been hurt by other believers. I know I have been guilty of hurting some. I hate it. I do not want to be that person who betrays others.
Understand, this is no mistake. These women meant to say those words. They meant to bring me down. And I will never be the same. In the tearing me down via the non-profit, faith based moms group they hurt the entire group in our community.


Here's what I know...
I have a choice.
To suffer with this for the rest of my life. Not go back to any church. Lick my wounds & be possessed for the rest of your life by the pain. And then allow the pain becomes bitterness.
Do you know anyone like that? Or is that your story? Are you the victim of a wound inflicted by someone you love? A victim? It does not have to be. Just look at Joseph. He forgave his brothers for betrayal. 




Trust me, I am no Joseph. I am making the choice to trust God, forgive & move on. These women have not asked for my forgiveness. Doubt they ever will. That's not the point.
"It is true that some preach Christ out of envy and rivalry, but others out of goodwill. The latter do so in love, knowing that I am put here for the defense of the gospel. The former preach Christ out of selfish ambition, not sincerely, supposing that they can stir up trouble for me while I am in chains. But what does it matter? The important thing is that in every way, whether from false motives or true, Christ is preached. And because of this I rejoice. Yes, and I will continue to rejoice" - Philippians 1:15-18
While I am still trying to rejoice. I trust there is a bigger plan that I don't see & our best interest is at heart.
The point to this is not the yucky stuff. The point is, we all have choices in life. It's up to us how we act & how we react. Like Phil 1:15-18 says..."But what does it matter?" 
Moving on.

Comments

  1. Great post today Jen. You don't need anyone tearing you down. You are one fabulous, classy lady!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What?! Call me ASAP. Seriously, there are more immature women in our community than I can stomach sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and I'm sorry you are hurting. I hate that. I really hate that.

    Amy is right, you're a classy lady. Hold your head high.

    I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry things are going so yucky out there!!

    You are an amazing woman don't let haters get you down girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry you are hurting!! Satan is great at using gossip as a way to divide Christians!! We do live in a small community & unfortunately not everyone who says they are a Christian is living their life the way Jesus wants them to! I will pray for you! And for them (which they obviously need!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good post Jen! So tired of Christians persecuting Christians! We should be loving on each other and lifting each other up not tearing each other down. Revelations certainly warned us of this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I try to look at those situations as lessons. Usually, it's a lesson in humility or judgment or falseness. When something like that happens, it tells me to reevaluate my relationships with the persons doing the gossip. Usually, those are not people that I need in my life and I act accordingly, by cutting them out whenever possible. Don't get me wrong, I'm not rude to them or anything, I just choose not to spend time with them. My life is better for it. I also try to remember the axiom posited by Dr. Seuss ~ "Those that mind don't matter and those that matter don't mind." Hang in there! I think you're great and I'm not sure we have ever really even met!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love you :D and well said <3 !!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comment love makes a happy heart!
Please ensure your email is enabled so that I can reply to your comment :)

Popular Posts