Facebook Envy

This weekend I found myself with a little Facebook envy. It was not rational. It was all emotional. I know how it started & then it snowballed into a hot mess.
I am a Facebook advocate. I love it for networking, business & group promotion, event planning & catching up with friends. Figuring out the new technical updates is fun for me. I know, that is a little weird. I'm not a techie I just enjoy seeing new updates & how it all works.
This weekend as I scrolled through my newsfeed filled with family pics, status updates of perfect kiddos or yet another romantic date night I fell into the temptation to feel like a loser.
Am I the only one to feel like this while reading Facebook?
Let me clarify, I know I am not a loser. I know that people's lives are not perfect. I get that no one puts their "junk" on Facebook. Reminds me of the quote, "One reason we struggle with insecurity: we're comparing our behind the scenes to everyone else's highlight reel." I know better than to compare my life to someone's highlight reel.
Here is a great article on how to deal with Facebook envy -  Technoloy: 4 Ways to Deal from iMOM.
And if that doesn't help here is hilarious Naughty Betty card to cheer you up.

Envy is an ugly thing. We talk to our kids about it all the time. As a mom, I have to remember to apply those teachings from time to time.

Comments

  1. I'll admit I was a little envious you all got to go on a little vacay while we were at home with a kiddo with an earache - ON FALL BREAK! ;)

    This thing called FB world is one to be reckoned with. You know I'm all over it and of course, I'm not going to post ugly pictures (if I can help it), but you do know us well enough to know it's not perfect behind the scenes all the time. We just have to remind ourselves that no one has perfect behind the scenes. We get some perfect moments, but they are few and fleeting. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel this way often, with blogs and IG. I'm very bad at comparing my life and thinking, I wish I had more true friends, a better relationship at times, a better home, etc. I know I need to work on it, but I fall into the trap, big time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Knowing it rationally and truly living it emotionally=two different things for me. If it offers any comfort, I know YOUR Life According to Facebook has itself been envied by others, what with the grass always being greener and whatnot :).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comment love makes a happy heart!
Please ensure your email is enabled so that I can reply to your comment :)

Popular Posts