Perfect Pairings ~ Sandy Hook 12.14.12


I can't imagine how the families of the 20 innocent children & 6 teachers killed on Friday are dealing with life today. Seeing all their beautiful pictures via social media today brings me to tears. Sad, angry tears. I have had a few conversations with God asking why Lord, why. 
I'm done hearing we have to get rid of guns. That boys playing Black Ops are growing up to kill. 
We do not have a gun or video game problem in this country. We don't have a sociology problem. We have a psychology problem. 1 in 10 children live with a serious mental disorder. From 2009 to 2011, massive cuts to non-Medicaid state mental health spending totaled nearly $1.6 billion dollars. And, deeper cuts happened in 2012. 
Our communities pay a high price for cuts of this magnitude. Rather than saving states and communities money, these cuts to services simply shift financial responsibility to schools, emergency rooms, community hospitals, law enforcement agencies, correctional facilities and homeless shelters.
When are we going to stop blaming things & look within for solutions. We are a nation falling apart in our values, morals & caring. It's sad & disgusting all at the same time.

Pray for the families of the victims of Sandy Hook. There are Christmas presents wrapped under the tree for them that will never be opened. There are hopes & dreams for them that will never be seen. There are little league games, school plays, graduation parties that will never happen. We can not imagine how the families are dealing with all of this today.




I cried out to God for help;
    I cried out to God to hear me.
 When I was in distress, I sought the Lord;
    at night I stretched out untiring hands,
    and I would not be comforted.
 I remembered you, God, and I groaned;
    I meditated, and my spirit grew faint.[b]
 You kept my eyes from closing;
    I was too troubled to speak.
I thought about the former days,
    the years of long ago;
I remembered my songs in the night.
    My heart meditated and my spirit asked:
 “Will the Lord reject forever?
    Will he never show his favor again?
 Has his unfailing love vanished forever?
    Has his promise failed for all time?
 Has God forgotten to be merciful?
    Has he in anger withheld his compassion?
Then I thought, “To this I will appeal:
    the years when the Most High stretched out his right hand.
I will remember the deeds of the Lord;
    yes, I will remember your miracles of long ago.
I will consider all your works
    and meditate on all your mighty deeds.”
-Psalm 77:1-12



Comments

  1. Desperately need more money and education towards mental health.

    I continue to cry over the loss of those lives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely believe that which you stated. Your favorite reason appeared to be
    on the internet the easiest thing to be aware of. I say to you, I definitely get irked while people think about worries that they just don't know about. You managed to hit the nail upon the top as well as defined out the whole thing without having side effect , people could take a signal. Will likely be back to get more. Thanks
    my web page > healthy skin

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comment love makes a happy heart!
Please ensure your email is enabled so that I can reply to your comment :)

Popular Posts