Pioneer Pilgrimage

We are driving to my in-laws for Thanksgiving. We will spend the holiday at "The Aunts" & then travel up to the Artic Tundra?! I will document trip happenings throughout the weekend!
My Hubby has approximately 6 Great Aunts who host holidays. I am sure we are in for a great feast! His Father's side of the family has property on the St. Lawrence River with 4 cottages. The term "cottages" implies quaint, cute cabins doesn't it?! Well my MIL tells me I won't survive a night?! Running water & heat are luxuries where I'm going. Do you hear me crying as I type?
My dear friend challenged me to see it as an adventure & to document our journey. She said, "think of yourself as a real pioneer woman!".
Sniffle. Sigh. Sure, ok, a real pioneer woman w/an affinity for Diet Coke w/ice!! Ha!
So here it goes! The first leg of our trip has been great. We saw the arch, not the McD's kind. We've played Car Bingo - the kind I played w/my grandparents. Cracker Barrel sells the boards. The kids have been great?! The driving will be the easy part ; )

Comments

  1. LOL! Yay! I love that you are being a real pioneer woman! And, you are doing it with a smile on your face. Right?! right!?! LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comment love makes a happy heart!
Please ensure your email is enabled so that I can reply to your comment :)

Popular Posts