Life

I was reading this devo by Os Hillman on difficult times in life. When is life NOT difficult that is my question? I realize that commercials teach us that life will no longer be difficult if you just...buy a new TV & you'll be satisified, buy a new car & you'll be popular, color your hair & you'll be pretty. Well I've tried all of this & I'm not satisfied, popular or pretty & life is still difficult. I mean I'm cute, just not pretty ; ) I would also love to say that by excepting Christ & truly loving Him with all my soul I am a transformed, happy person & that my life is now without any problems. I realized that the bible does not say (anywhere) that the lives of believers will be problem free. Darn! So what I am learning from the Bible is...
That difficult times happen so we will rely on God, not ourselves or our best friends or our Pastor or our blog ; ) (2 Cor 1:8-9)
Why do I get so upset? It's not helping?! Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? (Mat 6:27)
I don't need all the latest "stuff"-although it's fun & it makes me feel better, it only lasts a few minutes & then I'm wanting more. Life is more than food, and the body more than clothes. (Luk 12:23) See also Luke 18
I've got to really give my life to Him. Not in song, words or cute little Christian jewerly & tees. I mean REALLY give over to Him. Our pastor asked us recently "Does He (God) truly know you?" When I meet Him I want Him to say "Hey Jen(cause He knows not to call me Jenny)!" Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it. Mat 10:39
Difficult times make us value life. They make us appreciate the simple things that we took for granted before the crisis. It's like we have been given a new beginning. We can place a greater value on what we had before and use it for His purposes. Maybe for the first time we can identify with others who find themselves in a similar trial. I've learned a great deal during these times. I learned that the world and even Christians often treat people really meanly during hard times. I know I have done that & I'm ashamed of myself. Now, I appreciate the little things that I never would have valued without the trials. Each experience teaches me greater dependence and faith in my relationship with God. Difficult times work in us to bring new life and new perspectives. He knows what we need, how much mercy & grace to pour on us & at the exact time to move in our lives. Now, will I trust Him through the next difficult time or go get my nails done....hmm, how about both! ; )

Comments

  1. Thank you for leaving me your uplifting comment on my blog. I have tried to deeply share transparently my heartache through the journey of losing our second stillborn baby.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comment love makes a happy heart!
Please ensure your email is enabled so that I can reply to your comment :)

Popular Posts