Marriage Monday

My man with baby 3 in the hospital.



Interdependence vs. Independence. The challenge today from http://fruitinseason.blogspot.com/


Are ya married? Have ya visited this site yet? Well you should go there right away!

It seems some women I know are struggling in their marriage as well. Yesterday we prayed for marriages in our church. It hurts to hear others are going through difficult times & at the same time comforting to know I'm not alone. I want so much for them to seek & rely on the Lord to heal them & their relationships. I know He will. Yet for myself I don't claim the same mercy. It's not just in our marriage with our husbands that God wants interdependence. It's in our marriage with Him as well. He calls us to Him first, then our husband, then our children/family.
I believe if I had that order correct there would be less strife in my home. When I'm interdependent with Jesus I can't be independent in my marriage. I've heard from women who have strong marriages that they went through "valleys" & it was when they completely submitted to the Lord their relationships turned around. The challenge today emphasizes that soceity places a negative conotation on "submission". I understand that fear, fear of losing oneself. Yet that is what God calls us to do not only with Him, but with our partner. That just seems crazy! Although I have to say that when I do things just for my husband out of my love for God it has a domino affect. My husband then in turn does nice things, then my children feel the love & they do nice things & on & on. Our dog Clyde even feels the love : )

Clyde posing for the Christmas card pic a few years back


It starts with just one, tiny step out in faith. My goal today, tomorrow & the rest of my life is to submit to my Lord first & then my husband.
I'll take it hour by hour, day by day, until it just becomes who I am. I love them both more than anything & I know they deserve it!







Comments

  1. You have an encouraging post! Thanks!
    Lifting a prayer for your marriage!
    Blessings,
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. May sweet blessings pour out upon your marriage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. May God bless you and your husband this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marriage is certainly a journey! You've got to take the good with the bad.

    I love that you include Clyde in your Christmas photos!!!

    Jane, Pinks & Blues Girls

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful first post for the challenge! If I've learned anything through this, it's that no marriage is perfect- we are all works in progress. Here's to your day to day sucesses!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comment love makes a happy heart!
Please ensure your email is enabled so that I can reply to your comment :)

Popular Posts