I AM Lesson One


I am joining the Online Bible Study..."I AM". I frequently visit"The Preacher's Wife" blog. This week Lisa (The Preacher's Wife) began round two of her online study. The first lesson of is .. Just In Time Acts 7:17-20
"But as the time for the promise was approaching which God had assured to Abraham, the people increased and multiplied in Egypt. It was at this time that Moses was born; and he was lovely in the sight of God, and he was nurtured three months in his father's home." (NASB)


As always, the Lord used Lisa to get me thinkin' bout some things going on with me. Won't you consider joining me in this study? Visit Lisa's site to check out the study.

(Click link above to be directed to Lisa's site).


1. Are there any circumstances or relationships in your life where you can see God has intentionally placed you? What do you perceive may be at stake if you do or do not speak out for Him?

Yes I can see a few relationships were I am purposed & I perceive lives at stake. The most important is my children & family. I am called to raise my children under the truth, His Word. Check out these statistics we learned in church on Sunday...

The probability of people coming to faith in Christ -

Age 5-12: 32%

Age 13-18: 4%

Age 19 +: 6%

"If people do not embrace Jesus Christ as their Savior before their teen yrs., their chance of ever doing so at all is slim." George Barna

Our pastor gave a few scriptures, however Psalm 78:1-7 affected me...

"...which he commanded our forefathers to teach their children, so the next generation would know them, even the children yet to be born, and they in turn would tell their children. They would put their trust in God & would not forget his deeds but would keep his commands."

The measure of success will be where my children are in 20 yrs. Will they be teaching my grandbabies about Jesus? I am praying & believing they sure will.

2. Can you honestly describe yourself as a woman with a 'yes' in her spirit? If not, what keeps you from this?

MMM... YES and no?! I let "life" affect me WAY too much. There are too many things that make me shut down, get angry or get depressed. I really, really, really want to be a wholehearted YYYEESSS! Here's a quote from our pastor that's going on my wall...

"Live beyond yourself in love"


3. Do you recognize any circumstances in your life which could be described as an 'unrecurring event'? Have you ever said 'no' to one and watched God use someone else instead?

Our pastor in FL taught on this very subject. He had a "real life" situation where this very thing happened to him. Imagine, this awesome man of God, letting a once in lifetime chance slip through his hands. I do not know of a situation like this in my life. I pray I say "yes" when called.

4. Are you in an emotionally and spiritually healthy place? If yes, how are you using this freedom to minister to others? If no, what do you feel is holding you in your Egypt? No I am not totally healthy. I have things I am working on especially around fear & acceptance. It seems I take two steps forward & one step back. Just putting this study on a blog for you to read is a huge deal w/me.


Blessings-

Comments

  1. I am so there with you on number 2 & 4. It was hard for me to post mine too. Thank you! I am blessed by your answers and your honesty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the info you gave on #1..I've heard that Barna study before but it is always sobering to be reminded of it....

    I personally do not believe God will ever honor any ministry if we don't mother well.....It is the highest of callings!

    and btw - your daughter? in your WW post looks EXACTLY like mine...how old is she??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, thanks for sharing those statistics about people coming to Christ. It drives home the point for me that what I'm doing by teaching my children to trust the Lord is really really important. I forget that sometimes, and wonder if there is something more important I could be doing, but once again I'm reminded that being a mother, and raising children who walk with God is incredibly important.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had never heard those statistics before - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. it's good to read real thoughts given by real people...Your blog is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comment love makes a happy heart!
Please ensure your email is enabled so that I can reply to your comment :)

Popular Posts