Our Relationship Has Grown Distant

Scripture

My BFF & I were discussing how our relationship w/the Lord has slipped a little. It seems in one or another I have grown distant from Him not the other way around. Did I get too caught up in my "to do's", in life going on around me? Do I feel as though I can coast along w/o Him? I know I am struggling w/things I want vs. want I need. I also struggle w/ trying to reach this ideal in my head of who I should be...yuck!! I'm not sittin' here trying to be the perfect picture of a Godly woman, far from it. I just want to be a real Godly woman who is honest in her struggles & when I mess up (more than once daily) I can confess that & ask forgiveness. Thankfully God never lets go of us! He has been giving me scripture through bible study, sermons & even blogs, yes blogs this week?! I know He is reminding me what He wants for me, for my life. I want to be an encouraging, fun friend. Not a negative, inconsistent friend. I want to be a mom & wife that my family can respect, love & lean on in the difficult times. I want to tell you that I am thankful for you girls, thankful for the faith of my friends. Know that I enjoy praying for you! see Romans 1:8-9 I want to be encouraged to come along side of you w/our lives so that we produce much fruit! see Romans 1:12-13. Did I mention I'm doing a precepts study of Romans this summer??!! Paul knew that we, as believers, can fall in a minute! Go to God & ask, "Change me w/the very message that saved me"! I don't want to fall or any of my friends/family to fall either. So here's the verse that I received today...
Hebrews 10: 24-25 "Let us think of ways to motivate one another to acts of love and good works. And let us not neglect our meeting together, as some people do, but encourage one another, especially now that the day of his return is drawing near."
Thank you for being an encouragement in my life! I look forward to the day when I can encourage you : )

Comments

  1. I love the Psalms in that picture! Very good.

    The fact that you are seeking makes Christ smile. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love what you said. There are many days I have felt that way. Thanks for having an open heart. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comment love makes a happy heart!
Please ensure your email is enabled so that I can reply to your comment :)

Popular Posts