Wal-Mart has Everything

Talking w/the boys last night about Clyde was just too precious. They said sweet things such as, "Clyde is having fun right now w/Jesus playing in the pond." or "Sam (my father's lab) & Clyde are in Heaven playing tag!". There were sweet tears, stories of remembrance & a perfect time to talk about our Redeemer. Then the conversation turned just a bit...
J2 asked, "Why don't we just go to Wal-Mart & get Clyde some new lungs!?" and that's when
J1 asked, "Why didn't you take him to Wal-Mart & get him a lung transplant?!" which at that point J2 chirped, "Wal-Mart has everything!"
I want to thank you for your sweet comments & emails!
Today is a new day & I am thankful for new beginnings. My hubby sent this devo...


Psalm 118: 24 "This is the day the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it."

In this Psalm the nation of Israel is being led in praise and thanksgiving for all that God has done for them. The same sentiments can be expressed by us today.

God made today. He is with us. He has worked on our behalf in the past and will do so today. He is bigger than any difficulty we'll experience today and he will mightily guide, strengthen, and comfort us. We can trust him and expect his very best as we seek him.

Our God is over history, he is in control today, and his plans for the future will come to pass. Let's enjoy these truths and live with confidence today.

Lord, thank you that you are in control and I can trust you today.

Comments

  1. I hope you all are doing alright. I have been praying for you guys. Our dogs are 14 years old and I dread the day we lose one of them. The kids will be so upset.
    That is priceless what they said about getting him some new lungs. Kids say the sweetest things.
    See you guys in a little bit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope the kids are doing ok -- I know it was real hard on my kids. My son cried and cried. It will take some time. I will keep your family in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww... how sweet.... and yes, I agree. "Wal-mart does have everything. " So does Target. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoyed this devotion. Praise God that He is in control and that we can trust Him! And about Wal-mart, pretty soon my kids will probably say "Whole-Foods has everything!" I can just hear it now. Nate told me today that he loves that store after we went there! Sweet. Train them while they are young and they won't depart from it, right? hehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. amen sister! that's what i have to say. i was just singing that little psalm yesterday that i learned like 100 years ago...

    and, i love how kiddos ask aand say the things we all think and feel, but just don't know how to put in words. my grandpa died recently and my girls were talking about how they know Jesus is having so much fun with Pop, but they really want to see him here so they can play dollies again soon.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comment love makes a happy heart!
Please ensure your email is enabled so that I can reply to your comment :)

Popular Posts