Heart Scan



My mom in Christ called me this week to be sure I listened to Nancy Leigh DeMoss.
At Revive Our Hearts she has an awesome radiocast. Nancy studies Miriam. I identify with Miriam on some points. She was a caretaker, celebrator & a criticizer?! I love how Mrs. DeMoss points out through scripture we are blessed by portraits of people who have had "issues" that are similar to our own life experiences. We can identify with people in the Bible because they are real!
It seems our outward behavior is a product of our heart. Oh YUCK! Thank you Lord that you want to birth my passion from my pain. Miriam seems to have a bit of a rebellious heart. Uh-Hum... Deep question here...
Why am not content with the role (s) that God has entrusted to me?



It seems I am a work in progress. Thank you Father that your grace is new each day!
Go & take some time to listen to Nancy's teaching this weekend. She will bless you through a scan straight into your heart!


Comments

  1. The thing I love about Nancy is that she sticks to the scriptures. She just quotes it and quotes it, but not in a obligatory way. I found Nancy on itunes and subscribe to her podcasts so I can listen to her even over here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved your post! We are going through our 2nd hurricane right now, so I'm trying to get comments out before I lose power. The winds are starting to get bad. Much Love talk soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good stuff.
    I completely agree that what comes out of us comes from the heart. Sometimes that is just darn scary.

    I used to tell Courtney when she was little that when people cussed it was because they had some dirty stuff in their heart and that causes it to fall out of their mouth.

    Here lately I guess I have a lot of dirt. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Nancy's books. I have missed seeing ya lately.
    Hope all is well with you and your family. Hope to see ya soon. steph

    ReplyDelete
  5. "It seems our outward behavior is a product of our heart"

    That statement speaks VOLUMES!! Thanks for sharing, have a blessed Sunday!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love what you had to say. That picture was pretty cool also.
    Love ya..:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Why am I not content with the role that God has entrusted to me?" OUCH! I seem to be so much more content when I am not comparing myself to others who seem more "successful" or better in some way. Great thoughts, thank you!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comment love makes a happy heart!
Please ensure your email is enabled so that I can reply to your comment :)

Popular Posts