The Fog is No Fun

Another devo sent from hubby reminds me (yet again) that my perspective on situations, people & experiences can be just a bit skewed?! I have a new favorite quote, "The fog is no fun!", however if you read my post on the fog, it is where God can really speak to our hearts!


Luke 1:37 "For nothing is impossible with God."

The angel Gabriel says this to Mary after explaining how she and Elizabeth will become mothers...a virgin and an aged woman.

Our Father is a God of miracles. He delights to do the unexpected, the unexplainable, the amazing "coincidences," the major breakthroughs, the life transformations, the healed hearts, the restored relationships, the provision out of "nowhere," the divine appointments, and the turning tide of history. When we get to know the Father over several years, we become convinced to the very core of our being that truly nothing is impossible with him.

But because we are human and are sometimes pummeled by life events, we can still wonder... Does God really understand what's going on here? Does he really care? Will he act? Will he come through in time? Why didn't he heal my friend/loved one? Couldn't he have saved the marriage? Why so long with out a job? Couldn't he have prevented this from happening?

We all need to see, and long to experience his miraculous hand at work around us. Our hearts cry out for him to intercede. We wait. We hope. We worry. We sometimes get disappointed, confused, or even disillusioned. All of us face this. When we've come out of the fog we can then get some answers, some perspective, or some insight, but the fog is no fun. It's where he does real work on our faith and yieldedness.

Lord, this is a mystery. Help me to unreservedly entrust myself and those around me to you. When I'm in the fog, please help me through it and bring me out of it. Help me to remember your faithfulness to me in countless ways through all these years.

Comments

  1. loved the message. thanks for sharing. i needed that. steph

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing that great message. I loved it! Hope you guys are well! Ty is still under the weather.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good stuff your husband sends you!

    I think we can all be easily disallusioned! (spelling?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that was beautiful. Did your husband write that or find it? Either way it was a lovely message and I am glad that you shared it. Thank you. :0)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comment love makes a happy heart!
Please ensure your email is enabled so that I can reply to your comment :)

Popular Posts