Just Another Fun Day at CFA

I met a few girlfriends at our fav hangout, Chic-Fil-A today for lunch. The kiddos sit at one table, moms at the other. Chooki Monkey is too big for a highchair these days so I let her sit in a "big chair". Well today she fell out of a "big chair" & cut her head open?! Long story short, we went to the E.R. & she had to get 2 stitches in her head.
Thank God for girlfriends! My friends went right into action! Traci said, "You go! I'll take care of the J2 & J3." Michelle had napkins for the blood & the CFA manager all over it. Prairie Dawn (her new nickname by the way) was on the phone w/our Pediatrician letting him know what was going on & that we were on our way to the E.R.
By the time we arrived at the E.R. Dawn was there w/my XL Diet Coke!!! She was shaking & crying so worried about lil' Chooki. She was worried about where we were because she beat us to the hospital. In my shock, I forgot the short cut?! Michelle brought up our food we left at the table & Chooki ate every bit. Traci took care of my other babies so I did not even have to worry about them at all. My hubby in the meantime was on his way to meet us. I called him to tell him she was going to be fine, it was not that bad. He was so relieved! I forget that Chooki is his little baby girl & he gets so upset anytime one of the babies is hurt or sick. Our Doctor was very sweet & cute. I asked him if the hospital offered a frequent visitor discount for families w/tons of kids. He handled us very well ; )
It's times like these that you realize just how blessed you are in life. I know I say it ALL the time, I just really appreciate the awesome women in my life. My family is wonderfully blessed : )
So after we realize Chooki was going to be fine we took a few shots w/my phone. Some are a lil' gross so beware...

This is why I took her to the E.R. All the blood...ugh?!?


Michelle showing the wound


Remember I said I took these from my phone?! We were being silly here...


Enjoying lunch


They wrapped her up like a burrito so she couldn't move


She was so good! The nurses & doctor were amazed that she didn't move or make a sound?!?


Look at that face the minute after getting shots & stitches in her head?!


The nurses gave her tons of stickers because she was so good. She was so happy she skipped out of the E.R.! Skipped?!? The nurses asked if they could take her home. Her daddy said "No Way!"


"May there always be work for your hands to do, may your purse always hold a coin or two. May the sun always shine on your windowpane, may a rainbow be certain to follow each rain. May the hand of a friend always be near you, may God fill your heart with gladness to cheer you."
- Irish Blessing

Comments

  1. Oh, good grief! I'm crying all over again!!

    I am so so happy that she is okay. She was just amazing there and so brave. Camryn would have never stopped screaming!

    I'm glad I was able to be there for you. What am I saying? I'm glad you were there for Me! LOL

    Love ya girl! Give little J a kiss and a hug from Prarie Dawn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a big, brave girl she was! I'm so sorry that happened but I'm so glad you had Dawn, Michelle, and Traci there to help take care of you and the kiddos! Your little accident prone family is always so blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, so glad she is okay! I cannot imagine. I'm afraid I wouldn't have handled it nearly as well as your little J girl did! Your kids must be real troopers! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. SOOO glad she is okay! You need to be a nurse. Dawn...uhhhh NO!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my, she is pretty cute all burrito wrapped though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a very brave little girl. I'm glad she's ok

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awwww, she's so cute and sweet... I'm sorry she got hurt. Hey, weren't we just at CFA yesterday? Exactly how often do you eat there anyway?
    (confession... the first year they were open my friend Stephanie and I ate there 2 times a week). So kid friendly... whaddya do?

    Glad Jilly is okay! You have some GREAT friends. And a great Daddy too!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. pss. bet you didn't go back for your snowman today, huh? I didn't either. She'll hold on to it. I'll try to go tomorrow.

    (HA!!! My verification code below to post this message is "undes"
    Like, undies? underware? Why do I find that so funny right now?
    Okay. I'm going to bed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness. What a day. I am so thankful everything turned out okay. Those little accidents are no fun for the kiddos or the mommies. I hope you guys have a relaxing weekend. Stay warm!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so happy that she is doing good. What a day!
    I agree, it is nice to have such great friends.
    Give baby J xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy to be of service to you my friend!! I enjoyed your babies for the short time that I had them... and thank you so much for the "surcee".... totally unnecessary but I loved it!! THANK YOU!! and now we need to plan another lunch! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What great friends you have! I am so sorry that happened! It looks like she was a real trooper through it all! It was great seeing you today and you have been an awesome team mom! Thanks for everything! Look forward to seeing you when Baseball starts!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank God for awesome friends!!!

    So glad she is okay! That is so scary!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awwww I am sooo glad she is ok. I found your friends blog on Happy Meals and Happyhour and came on over.
    What a cute family! I'll be back!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comment love makes a happy heart!
Please ensure your email is enabled so that I can reply to your comment :)

Popular Posts