Our Turkeys

Thanksgiving was great! Of course you know I have a kiddo story for the holiday ; )
We were getting ready & about to leave for Grandpa's house when I went in to get the girls dressed. I noticed right away locks of hair on the floor. I asked my oldest daughter if she had been cutting Barbie's hair. She quickly made some squealing noise & darted under her sheets. About that time my youngest son came in the room. I noticed a shiny white spot on top of his head & at the same time spied the clumps of hair along w/child scissors under the crib. That's when I screamed. It's a little blurry after that...until my Bubba came in saying "It's only their hair?!".
JuJu B had cut his hair & lovingly cut his sisters' hair as well. They played beauty shop w/JuJu's scissors. Who knew child safety scissors would cut hair?!?

Cutting some bangs for Chooki


Notice the lip


Just found out Daddy's was shaving his head


Just in time for Thanksgiving Dinner


So we are thankful no one had to go to the E.R. &
for Daddy keeping it all in perspective ; )

Comments

  1. I am cracking up! I love the one of J crying about getting his hair cut! That could be black mail someday. lol I am glad you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! OMG! OMG! I would be FREAKING OUT!!

    I'm just sitting here with my mouth wide open!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, I don't know what I would have done. Thanks goodness everyone is alright though. Glad you had a great Thanksgiving and thank you for your comment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, thats quite the hack job! Remind him that he will NOT be a barber when he grows up! Thank goodness for the men in our lives who help keep the perspective for those of us who FREAK!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor J2. My heart just breaks for him becuase you know he felt so bad! I'm glad he's a boy and you were able to shave his head. At least he didn't take quite the same chunk out of the top of one of the girls' hair!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We had a similar incident yesterday... our first with scissors! We spent the day out of town visiting Scott's grandparents who don't drive in for the big meal anymore and seeing some friends who live nearby the g-parents. Well, our friend's nearly 7 year old decided to play barber shop on herself and Rebekah! Ugh! The oldest child in the group saw what was going on and alerted the adults - yay! Thankfully, no one was hurt, I was worried with them having scissors out around my 2-yr old and secondly, Rebekah's really isn't that noticeable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my! Just glad it's something you can laugh at later. Their poor hair looks good :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Too funny! I can see that happening at our house!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is too funny. Look on the bright side... at least you didn't have to shave your daughter's hair.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comment love makes a happy heart!
Please ensure your email is enabled so that I can reply to your comment :)

Popular Posts