iMOM


Today was our first iMOM's meeting. iMOM is the newest program of Family First and the complement to the organization’s popular All Pro Dad fatherhood program. Our local Chick-fil-a is sponsoring the group & offers free breakfast as part of the monthly meetings. My friend asked me to be the iMOM meeting leader as few months ago & I was excited by the opportunity to reach women in our community. iMOM’s unique focus is to equip mothers with information, ideas and encouragement to positively impact their children in the following areas:

  • Wisdom: Wisdom enables us to make good decisions in life. Without wisdom, a child is likely to make bad choices and suffer the consequences for those choices with potentially increasing regularity.
  • Health: A healthy lifestyle is an important factor in a child’s life. How a child treats his or her body has a direct impact on how he or she grows physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually.
  • Purpose: Without parental direction about life’s purpose, children will seek out answers for themselves. Often these answers will come from other youth and may not reflect a healthy, productive lifestyle.
  • Relationships: Good relationship skills are essential. This skill development begins at birth through a child’s attachment to his or her mother. Without the ability to form and sustain lasting relationships, whether personal or professional, a child will struggle to find lasting joy and productivity in life.

This group is geared towards all moms.
I encourage you to check out the website. It has tons of great ideas, tips, articles.
Also check to see if there is a group in your area. If not, check into starting a group. They also have a great iMOM Blog

Comments

  1. I am so glad it went so well. I will be at the next one. If only my child would sleep. I am here too late in the night, wishing he would stop crying. :) miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a natural leader Jen. You really did a great job. I'm looking forward to coming each month. :)

    And, the little Bow-Head in the last picture makes my heart pitter-patter. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. came across your blog today & glad it did. never heard of this but going to do more research & check to see if we have one here in okc.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like an amazing group!! I will check out the website!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will definitely have to check out the website. This sounds like a great group! Thanks for the info.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So wish I could have been there it looked like fun! I will try to be there next time!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comment love makes a happy heart!
Please ensure your email is enabled so that I can reply to your comment :)

Popular Posts