A State of Emergency

It seems my neck of the woods has been put under a state of emergency due to all the freezing rain, snow & sleet that has fallen. We are enjoying a nice winter break with ELECTRICITY!
The last ice storm knocked it out. My sister was without power for a few days & my friend was "in the dark" for almost TEN days?! I am soo thankful to have power!!!
I found this scripture reference this morning...
"Have you ever traveled to where snow is made, seen the vault where hail is stockpiled, The arsenals of hail and snow that I keep in readiness for times of trouble and battle and war? Can you find your way to where lightning is launched, or to the place from which the wind blows? Who do you suppose carves canyons for the downpours of rain, and charts the route of thunderstorms That bring water to unvisited fields, deserts no one ever lays eyes on, Drenching the useless wastelands so they're carpeted with wildflowers and grass? And who do you think is the father of rain and dew, the mother of ice and frost? You don't for a minute imagine these marvels of weather just happen, do you?" - Job 38:22 The Message

It got me thinking. I do not believe things "just happen". I was given a devotional for Christmas written by Sarah Young, Jesus Calling, Enjoying Peace in His Presence. The daily messages are written from Christ's point of view so the perspective is that Jesus is speaking to you. It is a wonderful book! And it brings me to my point...

Yesterday's devotion spoke to this "state of emergency" in which we find ourselves in today;
"Give up the illusion that you deserve a problem free life. Part of you is still hungering for the resolution of all difficulties. This is a false hope! As I told My disciples, in the world you will have trouble. Link your hope not to problem solving in this life but to the promises of an eternity of a problem free life in heaven. Instead of seeking perfections in this fallen world, pour your energy into seeking Me: the Perfect One.
It is possible to enjoy Me and glorify Me in the midst of adverse circumstances. In fact, My light shines most brightly through believers who trust Me in the dark. That kind of trust is supernatural: a production of My indwelling Spirit. When things seem all wrong, trust Me anyway. I am much less interested in right circumstances than in right responses to whatever comes your way." See John 16:33 & Psalm 112:4-7

I pray that you know the Father of snow, that you know the warmth of His love during difficult times my shiny friends!

Comments

  1. Nice blog. We are iced in also. Trying to enjoy our time together. Miss you guys try to stay warm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great devotion and nice reminder. Thank you for sharing!

    Oh, and we were without for 12 days last time. I am thankful every minute my home is warm and lit this time around!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As long as the power stays on, I'm enjoying how pretty it is out there. Stay warm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice post Jen. And, very fitting for today.

    I'm loving the fluffy white stuff that is falling outside right now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely jen....definately fitting for a day like this....stay warm and thank goodness we still have power

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful post! Hope you are staying warm and safe indoors..

    I too am bummed we did not get to visit more Friday evening...maybe next time though : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Keep warm and be safe. And yes, I know the Lord, even though we NEVER get snow down here :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Suh-weeet!!
    Girl, guess what??
    After reading your post I do believe we live in the same town!
    Yes, I really do. Woo hoo!
    You can email me at
    straight-shooter@cox.net
    if you'd like to.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comment love makes a happy heart!
Please ensure your email is enabled so that I can reply to your comment :)

Popular Posts