May Day May Day!

Today's Expresso Minute caused me to reflect. What do I do when I yell Mayday!!! ?
How do I recharge & refocus my energy? I typically journal, pray & call a friend. I have added another tool this year, working out. I have been working out at least 3 times per week since Feb. 4th?! We have an awesome local YMCA & they offer great classes at a very affordable rate. This has been a HUGE blessing in my life. I have a support group of friends who workout there as well so that has helped me stay motivated. In an 8 wk. period I lost 12% BMI & 4 inches off my hips?!
Regular exercise has helped me recharge & refocus for sure.
Here is another tool that I want to begin using... I can get my feelings hurt over things that are totally out of my control. I was talking to my MommaStarr (you have to say that in your best Georgia accent) and she said something that really resonated w/me...
"Captured thoughts equal Peace"
So give me a net I'm going to be capturing like crazy & turning my negative thoughts over to God!
I wish you the happiest of Mayday's! Check out the article on Taking Control of Stress for more tips if you are having a "mayday moment" ; )
As a former teacher I love May Day craft projects. Here is one for a May Pole - enjoy!

Tabletop May Pole

Materials Needed:

  • Paper Towel Roll
  • Cardboard
  • Paint
  • Ribbon or Streamers
  • Tape
Instructions:
Paint the paper towel roll a bright color. Set it aside to dry. Tape one end of your painted paper towel roll onto a small piece of cardboard so it stands up straight. Wrap colorful ribbon around your May pole and secure with tape. Cut lengths of ribbon to hang on the outside of your May Pole (see Picture below). Tape these on the inside of the top edge of the paper towel roll. If you like, you can also decorate your May pole with flowers!





Comments

  1. Loving the May Pole! We're going to make one today. Congratulations on the BMI and inches and making time for yourself to workout! If nothing else, it helps me relieve a little stress and breath all by myself for 1/2 an hour ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl!! I wish we loved closer so we could go together!!! I have recently started the "30 day shread" DVD, lol. ahem....kicks my rear!

    Have a blessed day my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't have the chance to come over and shout out a HUGE THANK YOU!!
    We used your craft on May Day!

    Fantastic idea!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comment love makes a happy heart!
Please ensure your email is enabled so that I can reply to your comment :)

Popular Posts