Has it Really Been 10 Years?!

Today I have been married for ten years! Some days it seems like only yesterday and other days it seems like an eternity. Our marriage has been a roller coaster ride with four children in six years, start up of two businesses, 3 hurricanes and a move across country.
Ask me tomorrow if I would do it all over again?! No I would...I think.
We had a destination wedding in Florida. See last year's post for details.
A few things about our wedding...
It was at the beach. It was fun. It didn't go at ALL how I had planned or envisioned.
My wedding planner sent her sister and didn't show up herself. Some of our friends brought friends, like it was just another night out. The No-Seeums were awful! Asking yourself, "What is a no-seeum?". Go.HERE
With all of that said, we still had a great night. My Dad even paid the D.J. to stay longer!
While taking our wedding pictures on the beach one of my bridesmaids found this chair and goggles. Hilarious! One of my favorite pics because they didn't tell me they took it so it was a total surprise.

It was a little hot and humid so while eating the bridesmaids had their dresses pulled up. Again, love this shot because it was so unexpected!
While on the beach there was this weird piece of driftwood that the photographer was trying to get us all around. Obviously it didn't work. Still love the shot as it shows us laughing.
So you put boys around water in tuxedos and what do they do, hike up their pants and get in?!
I was standing there watching them thinking if one of them falls in that water it's going to be a LONG night.
Bubba then proceeded to come get me and drag me in. I was screaming. He was laughing.
I laughed once he safely set me back on the sand.
So our D.J. was not into country music. Some of our friends heard our dilemma, went back to their trucks and proceeded to supply him with more than enough music. This was no easy task as you had to take a tram from a parking area to get to our location. Hence, Bubba's cowboy hat. His friend brought that back for him as well. Wasn't that thoughtful?!
For my bouquet toss it looks like my sister is leaping into the air to catch the bouquet. Actually, Amy is lifting her up. Too funny!

I love that each of us is smiling after saying "I Do!".
It really has been 10, never dull, years. Here's to 10 more!

-E.E.Cummings

Comments

  1. Looks like so much fun. You havn't changed a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a fun day!! Loved looking at your pictures and hearing the story behind them. You were and still are a beautiful bride.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary you two!! What a wonderful memory of such a special day!! The pictures are great and the story was so fun!!

    Are you sure those pictures are from 10 years ago??? You look amazingly the same!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary! I love your pictures- the goggles one made me giggle! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved seeing your wedding pictures. I can't believe I've not seen any of these before.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, this was fun and precious too. Awesome pictures - such happy faces.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comment love makes a happy heart!
Please ensure your email is enabled so that I can reply to your comment :)

Popular Posts