Why I Blog

My very first blog post way back in July 2007 was about this very topic. Why am I blogging.
Back then it wasn't so popular to blog. When I told friends and family they responded with, "Blog?! What's a Blog?!" Now, it's common place.
Reading my first post was a little painful. My reasons haven't changed much. I would add one important thing.
Blogging gives me a voice.

It gives me an avenue to write about my life in the moment. As a wife, mother of four under the age of 9 and housewife I can get lost in the shuffle at times. Blogging allows me publish ideas, random thoughts and daily happenings all in my own style. No comments on my style please.
I tend to filter too much on this blog. I don't want to put on the rosy blogger face. You know the blogs that the families are picture perfect with no problems and even their family dog is well behaved. I do like to put the family in matching outfits for photos and holidays. What?! I believe it comes from my love of team sports and seeing my family as a team, don't judge people!

 On the other hand, I don't want to be Debbie Downer Blog. You know the blog that leaves you feeling anxious and you develop a nervous tick after reading .


I want to be somewhere in between. An honest voice with an interesting story to share. Here is an excerpt from my first post as to why I blog...
This Blog is about our life in Oklahoma; my faith, my family, my 4 precious gifts from God, my hope, my work and play. I hope you enjoy my various topics and maybe you can glean something useful out of them...or at least enjoy hearing our latest musings!
Now that you know why I blog, tell us why you blog. The RHOK wants to know!

MckLinky Monday Rules:

1. Answer the question on your blog (or in the comments sections if you haven't a blog).

2. If you answer the question on your blog, add your name to MckLinky so that we all can discover the brilliance that is your mind.

3. Grab our button from the sidebar and post it either in your reply post or on your blog.

4. Enjoy and have some fun!

The RHOK

P.S. Since Monday was Memorial Day,
the RHOK is keeping this MckLinky open ALL week for
you to get your thoughts on your blog and link up.
Hope everyone had a safe and wonderful Memorial Day!
Welcome Summer! Yee-Haw!

Comments

  1. I love your blog - and your reason. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a great blog. It's happy and honest and real. I agree with your post here! :))

    I blog because I love it, and because I like to keep family and friends updated on our lives....especially those that live far away. It has given me a voice that I didn't know I had in me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog is great. I think you filter a little too much at times but we've had many conversations about this. Every once in a while it would be nice to let loose and not care what anyone thinks, huh? Oh well, back to reality. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jen, I have enjoyed your blog from the first time I sat down to read. I am glad I found you or did you find me? Either way it is a blessing to read your real posts and you NEVER seem like a downer to me. Blessings, Ronel :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you talked me into blogging. And, I'm glad you are backed to blogging with some frequency.

    These are great reasons to blog.

    And, it really would be nice to just let it all out sometime on our blogs and not worry about hurting feelings or ticking people off. Oh, well. We'll just continue to do that over the phone. Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey can a girl from California join the Houswives and be an Honorary Oklahoma Housewife?? :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks girls! I love your blogs!! I enjoy seeing what goes on in your lives :)
    Aimie of course you can join in the fun! Having a cool California Housewife would be awesome ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree - blogging does give you a voice, at least a voice to be read - thanks for your post!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comment love makes a happy heart!
Please ensure your email is enabled so that I can reply to your comment :)

Popular Posts