Thankful Thursday


Today our friends honored their mother Ann.
Ann passed away Sunday night suddenly in her sleep.
Our sweet friends are just the best family.
They have a daughter near the age of my oldest son.
My son really thinks she's neat. He says she's funny and smart.
He wanted to attend the service for her. 
He said he would like to have his friends around if his grandma went to heaven.
I love this boy.

Today I am thankful for a few things:

*Ann's beautiful legacy of love, creativity and generosity.
Her family will forever have her spirit.
They honored her today in an uplifting, touching way which helped so many.

*My oldest son's sweet spirit. 
Behind the uber competitive jock lies the sweetest heart.
I want to freeze time.
Today during the service he reached for my hand during prayer.
He wouldn't hold my hand walking in to the church, 
too cool for that display of affection,
someone might see us after all.
But in the privacy of the pew, 
during the peace of prayer, 
all eyes closed, 
he reached for me.
This is a moment I will carry forever. 

I can take no credit for the sweet spirit.
I give all the credit to the Holy Spirit who resides in him.

*He asked to be baptized today.
Specifically tomorrow. 
He only wants to invite a few people.
He asked if his Dad being baptized in a lake was redneck.
Bwahahaha! If that boy only knew.
We talked about where Jesus and the disciples baptized people.
He said no river or lake for him - a pool would be good.

*Growing in Grace

What are you thankful for today?

Comments

  1. Brandi is so blessed to have such wonderful family and friends to surround them during this time. They are a wonderful family and I'm saddened they are having to face such loss.

    And, how absolutely precious of Jaxon. You're a good momma.

    I'm thankful for my family. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a heart felt post, bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I want to freeze time." Just beautiful. And little J is welcome to join my school :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sad for your friend who lost her mother. I will remember them in my prayers.

    You have a sweet boy there! I hope Boyd grows up as sweet and kind and happy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What precious moments with your son. How amazing they are as they grow up aren't they? What a blessing for us to get to share those moments too! :)

    Have a great weekend!

    Huggs-
    Aimie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comment love makes a happy heart!
Please ensure your email is enabled so that I can reply to your comment :)

Popular Posts