First Day of School Prayer

I can't believe this is my third year to post this prayer!
It has been getting a few hits from Google so I guess it is that time of year again.
Sigh.... I'm just not ready to take my babies this year.
My oldest daughter will be starting Kindergarten?!
I am tearing up just typing those words.
Where has the time gone?

This post goes out to my dear mommy friends who are dropping off their babies at school this week.
I love you and am covering you in prayer! If you remember, please pray for me next Wed. morning as I will be dropping off my babies.

A Mom's Prayer On the First Day of School
Here we are again, Lord. Their backpacks are loaded and their faces are scrubbed and their
lunch cards are full.
And I know you'll walk with them, Lord. You always do. But a mom still has to ask.
Will You walk with them? 
Will You whisper to them what they need to hear, when I'm not there to whisper it?
Will You please, oh please, cover their school with the protection only 
You can give, and will You keep harm far away?
Will You make their minds strong and ready to learn? 
Will You help them understand that hard work honors the One who created them?
Will You guide their teachers, giving them patience and 
wisdom and creativity and more patience? 
Will You bless them for their efforts?
Will You love all those children there,
the ones whose lunch accounts aren't full,
the ones who feel alone? 
Will You teach my children to be kind and unselfish 
and to love those who are different from them?
Will You point them back toward home just as soon as you can?
Lord, I give them to You today and everyday, trusting them to Your care.
In Jesus' name, Amen.

Check out the following links for more back to school info...

Comments

  1. That is such a sweet prayer. It made me cry! I am going to print out a copy of this. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great prayer! I'm already feeling sad, so this just pushed me over the edge. Definitely a good prayer for the beginning of school.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great. Thank you for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful prayer. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please post this every year! Now I have tears! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comment love makes a happy heart!
Please ensure your email is enabled so that I can reply to your comment :)

Popular Posts