The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills - Sister Drama

Went to an awesome birthday dinner last night. It was so much fun. My hubby, sister and a few friends surprised me at my fav restaurant. Fun pics will be posted after a lil' editing :)
After dinner, the group met up with another group downtown at our favorite pub. It was fun until there was a little sister drama at the table. Yes - my and my sister. Do you watch The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills?
We had drama free dining until the end of the evening. It was time for a few party pics and that was the icing on the cake for us. Ok, so it wasn't the dinner party disaster that was on this week's episode of the Real Housewives, but it was still AWKWARD?!

My sister has decided that I'm Kyle Richards and she is Kim Richards. Bwahahahaha! She said,
"I figured it out. You are Kyle and I am the dorky sister that gets invited along."
Like Kim, from RHOBH, my sister is single and cute.

I, like Kyle from RHOBH, am married and have four beautiful children.

Also, like Kyle, I want to see my sister to find true love and happiness. My sister is cute, funny, bright and a great decorator. So it drives me nuts that she is just a wee bit socially awkward and tends to be a social recluse. I mean seriously - who wears a size 2 jean, pulls off  a karoke version of Lady GaGa and can do a freaky running man, but then can't handle 30 or so people of a Friday night. The discrepancy with that reality drive me bonkers! Socially we are very different. I like going out. She likes staying in. I'm fine with large crowds. She's fine with one or two friends. Night and day. Frick and frack. Kim and Kyle. That's us?!
We fight like sisters and make up like sisters. We don't always agree nor do I understand her weird socially awkward ways, but we're sisters. I will always love her little freaky self. It is hard being the perfect, fun, cute, overachieving older sister. LOL. God put us together for some reason so I remember to be thankful that we are family.

Two are better than one, 
because they have a good reward 
for their toil. 
   Ecclesiastes 4:9 (NRSV) 

        
A sister is someone more special than 
words. She's love mixed with friendship;
the best things in life. She's so much
inner beauty blended together with an
outward appearance that brings a smile
to the happiness in your heart...

A sister is one of the most precious people in
the story of your life. And you'll always be
together, whether you are near or apart.

Together, you have shared some of the most 
special moments two people have ever shared.
A sister is a perspective on the past, and she's
a million favorite memories that will always last.
A sister is a photograph that is one of your most 
treasured possessions. She's a note that arrives on 
a special day, and when there's news to share, 
she's the first one you want to call. A sister is
a reminder of the blessings that come from
closeness. Sharing secrets. Disclosing dreams.
Learning about life together.

A sister is a confidante and a counselor. She's a
dear and wonderful friend, and -- in certain
ways -- something like a twin. She's a hand
within your hand; she's so often the only one 
who really understands. A sister is honesty and
trust enfolded with love. She's sometimes the
only person who sees the horizon from your
point of view, and she helps you to see things 
more clearly. She is a helper and a guide, and
she is a feeling, deep inside, that makes you
wonder what you would ever do without her.

What is a sister? She's someone more special
than words; someone beautiful and unique. 
And in so many ways, there is no one who
is loved so dearly. 
      -Poem by Douglas Pagels

Comments

  1. i wish i had that kinda relationship with my sister...but yrs difference in age. by the time i was 6 she was gone and married. we never made that bond.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so sweet. I just have a stinky younger brother. I can't wait to see the party pics!

    Hey....there is no code for me to grab your button. Is that true or is it just my computer being weird?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comment love makes a happy heart!
Please ensure your email is enabled so that I can reply to your comment :)

Popular Posts