Thankful Thursday - Christmas Cards 2010

This is the first year that we have not been able to purchase our Christmas Cards from our favorite photographer, LE Portraits. LE has taken our pics since J4 was born. We love her and she is so great with the kids. We are really trying to save and get our finances in control this year so portraits were cut from the budget.
Our friend, Dawn, is an amateur photog who is really growing her skills. She has taken classes and loves to shoot.

We are so thankful that she took our family pics this year as practice. She is so generous! It was a blessing as she did not charge us. Our families met in an open field with some antique chairs and she got some great shots. I got to take her family pics, unfortunately, I'm not as skilled behind the lens so my shots didn't make her Christmas Card. Plus, I'm so short I needed a step ladder to shoot Dawn's family, they are all really tall, LOL. If you are in the NE Okie area and need a photog contact Dawn http://dawnsdiversions.blogspot.com/
Here a few shots that didn't make the card...
Only j's that would sit with Daddy.

These two have been in playgroup together since 6 mos old!

It was so stinkin' cold that day!
All the kids kept hiding their hands in their shirts.

I blogged about Shutterfly Christmas Cards. From that blogpost, I received free cards from Shutterfly!
So our family Christmas Cards this year were "free"! Woot!
Sarah Roe would be proud as I am so not the bargain hunter!
Here is our final product...

Shimmering Snowflake Christmas 5x7 folded card
View the entire collection of cards.



Also, if you blog about your Shutterfly projects they will send you a $25  gift voucher!
Awesome for your 2011 photo orders :)
Here's to a fiscally responsible 2011 abundant with God's provisions and blessings!



Be truly glad. There is wonderful joy ahead!
-1 Peter 1:6

Comments

  1. That's AWESOME! Dawn did such a great job! You have a beautiful family. I love Shutterfly cards. I failed to finish out my blogpost about the free cards. I'm glad you cashed in on them!

    Hope you all have a blessed and prosporous New Year!!♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card was my absolute favorite, and Dawn did the most amazing job. Seriously, those pictures are amazing beyond words. I want the whole thing recreated for me. Photo shop our faces in! Or better yet, Can my kids borrow your kids' clothes? Lol!!!! No, I'm serious.
    Great Job DAWN!!! And great job on those beautiful babies, Jason and Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw that picture on facebook, but I didn't realize that Dawn took them....they are BEAUTIFUL!!!! Good job girls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are awesome and you are so sweet to give me a shout out too ;) Here's to 2011...a better year for all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awe! Thanks, Girls. You all are too sweet.

    It was fun doing the pictures this year and it wasn't stressful because we're friends! Ha!

    I wish it hadn't been so darn cold that day though. We will have to do it again in the spring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way cool that you custom shoot your Xmas cards! Nice work, Dawn.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous pictures. I knew Dawn would do a great job for you. Your Christmas card is beautiful. Love the last picture here! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comment love makes a happy heart!
Please ensure your email is enabled so that I can reply to your comment :)

Popular Posts