Beth Moore, Danny Cahill, Lysa Terkeurst

What do those three people have in common? They are living their purpose. They are authentic. Not perfect. Just shining encourager's who share their strength with those who will listen . I wanted to share two tools for 2011 from these three that I believe will help you start the new year off right.
One:

2011 Siesta Scripture Memory Team


Beth Moore, Living Proof Ministries, is offering an opportunity to memorize 24 scriptures of your choice with her. It is free and she will do a little motivating for you. Check out the links for details.
For my first verse I am memorizing is one Danny Cahill mentioned last night at the Winter Health Challenge kick-off.

Danny was speaking on losing your regrets. One quote I jotted down, "If you keep looking back you can't look forward." I realize that is not earth shattering, however it spoke to me. He encouraged us to let go of every dumb decision we've made. He shared a quote, "Someday you're going to have to be ok with all the decisions you've made." I'm not there yet. I'm not ok with all my dumb decisions. I've made quiet a few. Danny's encouragement reminded me that God doesn't hold it against me so why should I? He has a purpose for my life....Here is my Verse 1 of 24 for 2011...
james 1:2-5 (NIV) Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters,whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you.

I lack wisdom so this year I am using the SSMT to grow me in that area.

Two:
Made to Crave


My blog friend, Mommy Accountability, shared this book with me tonight on Facebook. She's all the way in Cali, yet God used her to share an awesome tool with me. Yet another reason why I love social media - He uses it for good if we allow it. I began researching the book and it was like I knew I was supposed to read it. I believe it is going to be the "part two" of last night's message for me. What I like about this book is that it is not a diet plan. Lysa Terkeurst wrote is as a companion to healthy lifestyle approach. She is offering a free on-line study that kicks off this Monday so be sure to check out the website.


Where do you find your strength? 
Where do you go when you are overwhelmed?
 If you have tools you are using please share. 
Hope you are having an awesome weekend!

Comments

  1. Love the outlook on not looking back...no need to do that when our lives are far more important than dwelling on the past. I personally am taking every moment of every day to look forward and grow deeper with God, my family and friends. Thanks for sharing! I think it's a great challenge! So glad your hanging with all of us over at FTLOB, please feel free to link up as much as possible and we just cleaned the category pages up to make it easier for everyone to find y'all. thanks...enjoy your day and god bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing these resources :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you shared about Made to Crave on YOUR Facebook. I'm now subscribed to her and going to participate in the study as well. It goes right along with our Winter Health Challenge.

    I love what you wrote on your picture. You are a perfect example of courage. You have had many reasons to feel beat up (by circumstances and people) and you have not let it harden you or dim your light for Christ. I think any one who really knows you sees this every day of your life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am going to have to do the memory verse one, too!! I so love how God uses social media to bring me closer to Him & fellowship.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comment love makes a happy heart!
Please ensure your email is enabled so that I can reply to your comment :)

Popular Posts